How do footballers become bankrupt?

kerser

I remember reading an article about John Barnes becoming bankrupt and how it happened. 

It's just one of those things where footballers are not being careful or smart enough with their money. 

Thats why i rate players like Owen . 

this

if you live some high flyer expensive lifestyle you better have an income that is gonna last as long as you wish the lifestyle to

think about it people can live on 30k a year

if you make 300k a week,  you could live on one months wage for 40 years

You COULD, but people aren't like that, when your wage rises, so do your expenses

If you are earning 30k a week, you don't life the lifestyle of someone that earns 30k a YEAR

Your house will cost more, your car will cost more, your GIRL will cost more

I think another problem that a lot of footballers run into is because they make so much money, it's very easy to spend big one week and think 'It's fine I'll make it back next month'

I see it happen a lot in boxing too, the majority of footballers and boxers come from working class backgrounds and generally speaking, aren't highly educated or from families that have been good with money, so when they get it (usually very young) they don't use it very well