How do footballers become bankrupt?

kerser

You COULD, but people aren't like that, when your wage rises, so do your expenses

Yes but equally the majority of people have some sort of retirement plan in the form of a pension / savings

and obviously on those kinda wages, surrounded by the wrong kinda people, youre gonna get GASSED and ball like there's no tomorrow bumping rich forever whilst doin coke off the dash of ur lambo

especially as a sportsperson you need to know that your career.....doesnt last long.  an injury could end it.  have a plan for when its all over.

i swear if you put aside....a mill...and buy a little place on the beach somewhere...and make sure you stay on top of ur taxes...and dont get hooked on drugs...surely ur set

i guess thats why u see so many ex sports people going on reality shows or bringing out books or dvds, ten years after their career is over...same as all these pop bands from late 90's now reuniting..obviously for the money.

if it was me, and i was on the money some of these are on, id put a million in a savings account and just leave it until i retire or until i need it- a million should give 20-25k a year interest.

I remember reading an article about John Barnes becoming bankrupt and how it happened. 

It's just one of those things where footballers are not being careful or smart enough with their money. 

Thats why i rate players like Owen . 

lol Michael Owen? The one who had a bit of a gambling problem yeah?

Guest chap44uns
robbiefowler_preview_header.jpg Make Financial Success Your Goal with Robbie Fowler

Robbie Fowler is not only a football legend, but also a property investor. According to Robbie - "What the trained investor knows over and above everybody else is that there is money to be made in property, regardless of whether we are in an economic boom or recession."

Robbie and his team know that whatever the state of the housing market or the economy ANYONE can make money from property investment - if they have the right training.

You are invited to learn some of the successful tactics at a FREE Two-Hour Training Workshop:

London, Heathrow

When:

Feb 2- 16

robbiefowler_preview_ctabtn.jpg

This info-packed training session has been put together by Robbie and financial educators Tigrent Learning, who have been at the forefront of investment training in the UK and Ireland for over 10 years.

Seating at this FREE training session is strictly limited, so sign up now!

No nonsense, no waffle, just practical advice and expert knowledge.

Although Robbie won't be there in person, his lead trainer will run the session where you'll learn all about:

• Raising finance and increasing your credit rating
  • The lucrative buy-to-let property market
  • Spotting the best deals
  • Generating the motivation and confidence to succeed
  • And much more!
robbiefowler_preview_ctabtn.jpg

With the right skills you can make money work for you, so you don't have to work for money!

Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to secure your financial future and prosper in these tough times.

*Robbie Fowler will not attend these events "After family bereavement and job problems I felt I'd hit rock bottom. As a single mum I knew I had to do something positive for us to survive. The training helped me to build a property portfolio worth £1m in three years, I won the Landlord Award in 2009 and 2010 and I've just opened my second letting agency."

Heather Mortimer

Tigrent Learning UK

Customer

"I have been working with Tigrent now for about five years and during this time I have learnt so much about the very industry I trained in, property. A Robbie Fowler Property Academy can surely inspire people of all ages and backgrounds to come and find out how property can truly change their family's lives, regardless of knowledge, background or experience."

Silas J. Lees

Tigrent Learning UK

Customer robbiefowler_preview_freegift.jpg 10TLUK0012_follow.jpgrobbiefowler_preview_footer.jpg

womeninwealth_preview_llaslogo.jpgbuildingwealth_preview_mawlogo.jpgrobbiefowler_preview_tigrentlearninguklo     Tigrent Learning UK is delighted to be working with UKLAP/LLAS offering CPD training credits to Accredited Landlords and Agents Tigrent Learning is a Gold Supporter of Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK Tigrent Learning UK trading as Robbie Fowler Property Academyy  

real dan wid di fand

need to put it in an offshore account or have your main home abroad to avoid paying alot of tax...can set up a trust fund for family

why thank you sir, and which financial qualifications do you have?

none, just fairly common sense if u have millions i would have thought...heard of many rich people doing this.

Guest chap44uns

need to put it in an offshore account or have your main home abroad to avoid paying alot of tax...can set up a trust fund for family

why thank you sir, and which financial qualifications do you have?

none, just fairly common sense if u have millions i would have thought...heard of many rich people doing this.

swear?

"Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364

Heard Allen Iverson was broke but then it came out man set up the trust fund so he actually isn't.

Iverson >>>>>>>>>>>>

You COULD, but people aren't like that, when your wage rises, so do your expenses

If you are earning 30k a week, you don't life the lifestyle of someone that earns 30k a YEAR

Your house will cost more, your car will cost more, your GIRL will cost more

I think another problem that a lot of footballers run into is because they make so much money, it's very easy to spend big one week and think 'It's fine I'll make it back next month'

I see it happen a lot in boxing too, the majority of footballers and boxers come from working class backgrounds and generally speaking, aren't highly educated or from families that have been good with money, so when they get it (usually very young) they don't use it very well

MARGINAL PROPENSITY TO CONSUME

MPC.png