End of the World Yo

Sinister

dunno where else to put this, but i was just reading on that newly discovered exoplanet and needed clarification

An extrasolar planet, or exoplanet, is a planet outside the Solar System. A total of 861 such planets (in 677 planetary systems, including 128 multiple planetary systems) have been identified as of February 19, 2013.[5] The Kepler mission has detected over 18,000 additional candidates, including potentially 262 habitable ones.[6][7] In the Milky Way galaxy, it is expected that there are many billions of planets (at least one planet, on average, orbiting around each star, resulting in 100-400 billion exoplanets),[1][2][3][8] with many more free-floating planetary-mass bodies orbiting the galaxy directly.

and thats just in ONE galaxy

stupid mad

then i clicked and went here

There are probably more than 170 billion (1.7 × 1011) galaxies in the observable Universe.

fuckin observable

the ting is 93bn light years wide. takes 8 mins for light to get here from the sun. 93bn  years to get from one end of the universe to the other

and its expanding

and the universe is 13.7bn years old

this is why people turn to religion, this shit is too much  to take in

The scale of the universe, is not something that your mind can process.

And when I say the scale I mean the mass of all the objects combined with the distance between them from an atomic level outwards. Its easier to imagine the size of the universe in terms of Galaxies, of which there are trillions upon trillions, but then you take into account the vast distance between the objects in these galaxies, and then trillions of stars within them, and then the thousands of planets and objects in their solar systems, and then the organisms that live on these things, and then the trillions and trillions of atoms that make up these organisms, and sub atomic particles that make up these atoms its crazy.

A sub atomic particle theoretically could look at the body that it makes up as a universe, but they don't. On a subatomic level we're all connected, my fingers are as much a part of the keyboard as my the electric signals I'm sending from my brain are a part of the DNA of the person reading this. Its fascinating and beautiful and mind boggling and I'm going to blow it all up one day.

• Upvote 2

The scale of the universe, is not something that your mind can process.

And when I say the scale I mean the mass of all the objects combined with the distance between them from an atomic level outwards. Its easier to imagine the size of the universe in terms of Galaxies, of which there are trillions upon trillions, but then you take into account the vast distance between the objects in these galaxies, and then trillions of stars within them, and then the thousands of planets and objects in their solar systems, and then the organisms that live on these things, and then the trillions and trillions of atoms that make up these organisms, and sub atomic particles that make up these atoms its crazy.

A sub atomic particle theoretically could look at the body that it makes up as a universe, but they don't. On a subatomic level we're all connected, my fingers are as much a part of the keyboard as my the electric signals I'm sending from my brain are a part of the DNA of the person reading this. Its fascinating and beautiful and mind boggling and I'm going to blow it all up one day.

:lol:

• Upvote 2