In-law Help

PopT

I have Been with my girl for a little while, she got pregnant really quickly (less than 4 months),  We thought her period was just late, but a month went by and we found out she was pregnant. Before I  found out the news,. I used to seriously joke with her like if you are pregnant you know you have to abort Right , but when I got confirmation, I thought about it and was like I want to keep because I feel like a child is a blessing, she kept the child because she felt her mother, would hate her if she got rid of it….

Neither of us are READY to have a child yet, we are both in our early twenties, but we are still together and  I plan on sticking with her and being a family.

She is Nigerian, I am Caribbean, She is 11 weeks Pregnant, 

ANYWHO HER mum is forcing us to get married, chatting shit like I need to get married before this child comes and what not, I stood my ground said NO,  her daughter said NO then she told us we can have some kind of  blessing thing No rings no papers works… my Girl does not want to do this,  but  once again she  is doing it to make her mum happy

My girl mum has a friend who works as a GP, so she wanted her to confirm she was pregnant, the mum rang her and was like can my daughter come in…. The mum once again made sure that she was there kmt

Since being preg  my girl has had little hiccups but there is not a doctor’s appointment I have not attended, Anywho, first scan is coming up in a few weeks, the Mum is saying she has to be there, I just want it to be me and my girl,  but her mum is forcing her

My girl is scared that I will do a runner and wont be a family, but I feel like its is never going to work out because the mum is gonna make me hate her

I just feel like the mother is taking control of our relationship and I don’t like it.

AM I WRONG?

My girl is scared that I will do a runner and wont be a family, but I feel like its is never going to work out because the mum is gonna make me hate her

u wudnt be the first to have ur spirit broken by a nigerian marge.. stil this sounds like excuse tlk

ur already tryna live up to ur responsibility u need to impress this upon her

u wudnt be the first to have ur spirit broken by a nigerian marge.. stil this sounds like excuse tlk

ur already tryna live up to ur responsibility u need to impress this upon her

Are you Nigerian, What is the procedure when you have kids and your not married

without bein too black and white

things like an unplanned pregnancy aint exactly good occurrences

and while this aint a 100% truth. bein carribean and poppin out of nowhere to get her daughter pregs aint gonna make them warm to you.

tbh its gna be tough. nige parents are all about the submission. so ur probly gna have to grin and bear it a lot of the time.

they probably want u to turn into some kinda superman as well. ur probly thinking fuck shud i have to do for this ppl and rightfully so.

still for peace of mind or at least clarity u n the missus need to sit down and tlk about her mums power tripping.

/

the only standard procedure i know of is that the marjay will definetly not look after the yute while her daughter lives life happy.

gd luck brah

without bein too black and white

things like an unplanned pregnancy aint exactly good occurrences

and while this aint a 100% truth. bein carribean and poppin out of nowhere to get her daughter pregs aint gonna make them warm to you.

tbh its gna be tough. nige parents are all about the submission. so ur probly gna have to grin and bear it a lot of the time.

they probably want u to turn into some kinda superman as well. ur probly thinking fuck shud i have to do for this ppl and rightfully so.

still for peace of mind or at least clarity u n the missus need to sit down and tlk about her mums power tripping.

/

the only standard procedure i know of is that the marjay will definetly not look after the yute while her daughter lives life happy.

gd luck brah

I hear you, same time Why am i having to have a marrige or a bless

Why is she demanding she comming to the Scan

my girl wants me to be with her and dont want me to leave, but her family are driving me to just that

In regards to the scan....

Only one person can go in...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy...

Isit....... Thank you looool

If you go private, if you want a early sex determining scan, more than one can come in.

But NHS ones is pregnant +1

Just make sure you ain't the one left in the waiting room if the mum is so powering on your girl, lol.