Google Analytics / Advertising

local

1. does vip2 have a google analytics account?

would be interesting to see the location of users, new users, how they find the forum etc

2. if any1 can drop any knowledge on adverts as in google adsense etc

there's bare rambling about it online but it all seems years old

how many page views / unique visitors a day / month are u lookin to get before u start thinkin about this

is it based on pageviews or visitors?

/ any other factors i aint takin into account

Are you looking to advertise yourself or place adverts on a site to monetize it?

/

Start placing adverts asap, but dont over do it, if you build up some sort of following and then start placing adverts the following will notice, whereas if its always been there its not that bad....

Also do not ever click your own adverts, or buy page views or whatever, the slightest irregularity that you/they cant explain clearly, will lose you all your earnings, and have you banned for life. No second chances, if you make another account they will lock that off too. Google is ruthless when it comes to that.

Google adsense is a good tool if you're a small site trying to gain a bit of revenue.

If you start hitting like 100,000 hits daily you'd want to consider speaking with an ad network directly because you'd make more money. If you're a niche market but generating shit loads of ad opportunities you'd probably find ad networks getting in contact with you.

Advertising normally works on a CPM basis (cost per mille, aka, thousand ad's served). For normal display adverts like the one I'm looking at above this reply box (refered to as a leaderboard) we'd probably pay £0.40CPM, so thats 40 pence for everytime the above ad is loaded 1000 times.

You want to make money from advertising then host your own video content and get millions of views a month, then you're laughing. If SB hosted his own videos instead of being incorporated with Youtube/Google he'd probably triple his revenue, but then saying that I don't know what kind of deal he has with them.

sound lads

im on about placin ads my own

wont be nothin near them numbers tho mizchif, is the cost/revenue per mile higher/lower the more targeted/niche the audience is? when toney posted his it was up at £6 somethin

Absolutely, if people can get unique users/traffic from an untapped site they'd be willing to pay more for the content.

What kind of site did Toney have? People like Google Adsense have the largest scale, they're plugged into so many networks they can reach consumers all over the web, but some publishers will go direct to niche sites because of targeting, it makes sense to work with a network that works exclusively with Footlocker and JD sports if you're trying to get your trainers sold rather than someone who may possibly potentially appear on some sporting sites etc

sound lads

im on about placin ads my own

wont be nothin near them numbers tho mizchif, is the cost/revenue per mile higher/lower the more targeted/niche the audience is? when toney posted his it was up at £6 somethin

Absolutely, if people can get unique users/traffic from an untapped site they'd be willing to pay more for the content.

What kind of site did Toney have? People like Google Adsense have the largest scale, they're plugged into so many networks they can reach consumers all over the web, but some publishers will go direct to niche sites because of targeting, it makes sense to work with a network that works exclusively with Footlocker and JD sports if you're trying to get your trainers sold rather than someone who may possibly potentially appear on some sporting sites etc

i duno what it was tees maybe

• 5 weeks later...

1. does vip2 have a google analytics account?

would be interesting to see the location of users, new users, how they find the forum etc

Yes I do, although due to the changes in template code updates from the manufacturer or the skins to go with those updates over the years, the JavaScript for analytics has always got stripped out and I never really proritised with putting it back on really. Before the numbers of active users were higher. I'll see what happens after 3 months of the code being back on the site as the integration of it now doesnt really matter on skins and codes. It even works with mobile skin aswell.

yh do eiiit

bet uve already forgot tho

/

brag commencing

im top 3 result on google for all my desired phrases, even beating the yanks

gettin well over 100 unique visitors a day, about 300 pageviews on average

cant keep up with the enquiries, life is stressful but gd

still aint got any adverts banged on

• 11 months later...