Food Stamps in the UK. POVERTY GETTING REAL

Supermalt

Why are man pissed tho?

Surely this is better than just giving them cash to spend on drugs/lcds/holidays etc

Plus people gonna feel embarrassed to hand them over in the shop so hopefully it will encourage di waste to get back into work.

Probably said it before but I know of a girl who told the council her and her kids needed new beds and a cooker and she got a grant for it and went to Miami with the money smh.

I do wonder though how comes some people seem to survive fine off their benefits while others don't. Is it just a case of poor money management with some?

I think its cos some people spend an outrageous amount on cigarettes and alcohol.

I remember seeing one programme, these people up north the benefits would go in their account, theyd draw it all, buy fags, the rest on a night out and 10 quid left for food for the week.

i think i seen that

the one where a chick had to walk like 3 miles to a cash point?

Why are man pissed tho?

Surely this is better than just giving them cash to spend on drugs/lcds/holidays etc

Plus people gonna feel embarrassed to hand them over in the shop so hopefully it will encourage di waste to get back into work.

Probably said it before but I know of a girl who told the council her and her kids needed new beds and a cooker and she got a grant for it and went to Miami with the money smh.

I do wonder though how comes some people seem to survive fine off their benefits while others don't. Is it just a case of poor money management with some?

I think its cos some people spend an outrageous amount on cigarettes and alcohol.

I remember seeing one programme, these people up north the benefits would go in their account, theyd draw it all, buy fags, the rest on a night out and 10 quid left for food for the week.

i think i seen that

the one where a chick had to walk like 3 miles to a cash point?

Lol yh I see that smh

That's her fucking life fam for ever more.

This

Addictions, mental health problems, poor education, and lack of self responsiblity.

Run out of money - borrow from a family member (who is also on the dole) or try and get another crysis loan.

I agree in principle people shouldnt be given benefits to buy alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and it seems logical that if you FORCE them to buy food they will consume less toxins, and eat better, therefore be healthier - but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Addicts gon add.  If you need a fix, be it fags, booze, whatever, and you have no P whats ur option?  Its not cold turkey for sure.  Rob? Steal? Shot? Sell the food stamps? (if not possible buy the food and sell it on for cash)

There's no simple solution to a complex problem.

Bare confused individuals out here

People are talking as if to say the majority of people on benefits or that get these loans actually live and aspire to be on benefits

Imagine you could have been working your whole adult life payin tax

Two twos you get made redundant get into financial difficulty and have to draw for one of these loans

Who the fuck is camron to tell man he cant drink a beer same time hes sitting in 10 downing street sapping port out of waterford crystal that was paid for by the same people?

• Upvote 3

Why are man pissed tho?

i think the people that appear to be living good off benefits are more than likely in massive debt

everything in the yard is on HP

People are talking as if to say the majority of people on benefits or that get these loans actually live and aspire to be on benefits

Two twos you get made redundant get into financial difficulty and have to draw for one of these loans

Who the fuck is camron to tell man he cant drink a beer same time hes sitting in 10 downing street sapping port out of waterford crystal that was paid for by the same people?

He's the prime minister, that's who

He's the prime minister, that's who
Hahaha

So what if u have a fulltime job

Have a health incident ie an op

Are in reciept of ssp for the time it takes to recover

And the dwp fucks up one of your payments, as they do often as a result of various technical errors eg, realise they have the wrong post code for ur gp. It takes another two weeks to rectify so they have delayed ur payment for a month and want to offer u food tokens in the meantime. What happens to emergancy gas and electric direct debits ect. Imo the policy rulers just don't think, how many have been on esa and seen how poor the payment system actually is, they just push an image of a starving wino at us and expect us to believe everyone does that.

When corner shops start trading food stamps for cash just like in america the druggies will still get their drugs then what

• Upvote 4

Cos it's hardship fund not for everyday crap.

Joke is wtf are u meant to be living on?

Cos if jsa is meant to be for your bus fare etc what u meant to buy dinner with?

Some bullshit it's only them family's of 8 that really eat of this benefits shit tbh

And them hardship loans are a myth if u ain't got kids.

Whilst you make a valid point that i agree with I wouldnt say this is the most common scenario

Where I come from people dont aspire to be on benefits but its the only life they know

Im talking GENERATIONS that have been on the dole.  dads not there and mum has a drink/drug/mental health problem.  Kids are back and forth between care homes and their unstable maternal household.  they wind up with their own problems, girls become skets and teenage mums, boys end up angry young men in and out of jail, and these are the people that breed the next generation.  and they always seem to have loads of kids coz they dont have any career to worry about and they dont have to consider if they can afford it coz they wil just be given more money to scrape by on. the cycle repeats and this "underclass" who are a drain on society multiply at a much faster rate than the working, middle, and upper classes.

and we have a tory government and a fucking recession to top it all off.

thats the people that i assume are being targetting by these policy makers who are so out of touch with the reality and struggle of real people.  cameron wants the right-wing BNP/UKIP vote so thats why hes all I WILL GIVE YOU A VOTE ON LEAVING THE EU (IF YOU RE-ELECT ME)AND BY THE WAY THESE FORIENERS AND SCROUNGERS ARE WHATS REALLY WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY.  What a prick.