Isit right/wrong that mixed race people are addressed as Black?

kerser

Take David Alaba (looks like Tyler the Creator IMO). Bayern Munich midfielder. Did a quick research on his background as i saw him playing for Austria and was confused, thinking maybe that he is a neutralized/naturalized Austrian citizen.

Have found out that hes of mixed race - Filipino Mother, Nigerian Father. Black outer appearance (skin tone, bar his straight hair, which i dont know if it is straightened). Born and raised in Austria and Germany.

How would YOU identify him, and how would you expect him to identify HIMSELF?

load of shit in here 

every case/person is different

not counting your white(english) slag mother and absentee/bounty black father that you find in england 

that has corrupted and brainwashed the minds into thinking mix raced people have a certain look in this country

Take David Alaba (looks like Tyler the Creator IMO). Bayern Munich midfielder. Did a quick research on his background as i saw him playing for Austria and was confused, thinking maybe that he is a neutralized/naturalized Austrian citizen.

Have found out that hes of mixed race - Filipino Mother, Nigerian Father. Black outer appearance (skin tone, bar his straight hair, which i dont know if it is straightened). Born and raised in Austria and Germany.

How would YOU identify him, and how would you expect him to identify HIMSELF?

German with Nigerian and Filipino heritage

thats like black people in uk

u ask them where they are from they will 99% of the time say either AFRICAN OR CARIBBEAN lol... no black person really says UK/LONDON/BRITAIN/ENGLISH

americans on the other hand say african-american

That's because blacks have been in America a lot longer than the uk

We're only one or 2 generations deep over here

Give it a few more generations and that will change

• Downvote 2

u ask them where they are from they will 99% of the time say either AFRICAN OR CARIBBEAN lol... no black person really says UK/LONDON/BRITAIN/ENGLISH

That's because Blacks in America have had their culture whitewashed and most don't even know where they are descended from originally

• Upvote 1

had to explain that to my bedrin after he was in disbelief some girl he beat didnt know where she was from

Yup it's bizarre, for us here it's natural to have our parents or grandparents speaking either Patois or some of that boogily boogily African language when we are around them so there's still a connection with the culture

Back in the states, there's largely no such thing. I have /had uncles that were around during the civil rights era and before who themselves have a memory of the end of slavery (through parents)

But thats it

My cousin is mix race, without doubt he indentifies himself as black and tbh I'd rather have him than the Brian Belo's of this world.

You lot either think fucked or are trolling, as I find it amusing that the same ones in here are the same ones who talk about deamons, the potential mix-race uprising, etc...

3 generations, but yeah

im 0 generation but I say London

mainly cause its where ive lived longest/have the accent/english is the only language i speak/integrated there/would feel like a fish out of water in Africa

but yeah, im whatever i am, i dont really care about pledging allegiance to a piece of land

Americans are fucking idiots and they along with the british started all this shit .

African americans are as deluded as the hispanic/latinos or what ever you wanna  call them when it comes too race  .

For instance most blacks in america claim that this bitch Finney-575-jdh.jpg

Karen finney is  black. Somethig which the heffer cosigns herself .

• Downvote 1

The annoying thing is the people talking race hardship have never experienced real racially hardship or spoke to someone who really has. Lol.

You/We all live in inner-city London talking about hardship, trust me its not THAT serious.

As for Karen Finney...

My father, who is African American, is from Virginia. The Finney name comes from the man who once owned my family as slaves.

My mother, Mildred Lee, is the great, great, great niece of Robert E. Lee, or "the General," as he is referred to by my family. I am therefore the great, great, great, great niece of General Lee.

That is my American story, a mixed race heritage that I am proud of, just as Virginia, the South and our country has a mixed history.

Rather than fall prey to the mindless politics of "either, or", we must stop being afraid of the truth and acknowledge all of it. Denying one part is like denying a part of ourselves and it does a disservice to our country's rich history and to the people who have worked hard to help make America a great country.

/

Finney is African-American, although MSNBC didn’t particularly “tout” that in its press release; it mentioned that she was the first African-American communications director of the DNC and is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists. I’m not sure what would cause Graham to even muse about her racial bona fides, let alone share his idiocy publicly. When mocked on Twitter, he just dug his hole deeper.

Graham’s buffoonery reminded me of when former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown mocked and questioned Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s American Indian background, and when Tucker Carlson accused Barack Obama of exaggerating his “black” accent when speaking to black ministers. “This accent is absurd,” Carlson told Sean Hannity last year. “This is not the way Obama talks. It’s put on, it’s phony.” I observed at the time that there seemed to be an epidemic of white guys ruling on the correct way for other people to identify themselves in ethnic terms. Graham makes it a trend.

See the argument can work eitherway...

In the words of Kevin Hart, lol "Be who you think you are"

The term African American is no different to Afro Caribbean.

Don't see anything wrong with it.

To say blacks in America don't have culture is a bit ridiculous as American black culture forms the basis of many UK blacks idea of black culture.

This is true, whoever, Americans don't have the advantage of embracing their African or Caribbean nation, as they simply don't know which is theirs lol.

Credit to them Americans as despite that they have still set modern black culture.

Boy maybe it's me but I don't really see any advantages Caribs have over Americans, we both in another mans land just I guess whites didn't flock to the Caribbean so it come like our land lol.

Whereas blacks in America have not been allowed to forget that they are not at home but apart from that I can't think of much they miss that we have, they have had more landmark events in their history by far, I think in many ways the persecution they faced has given them a stronger culture.

That's because blacks have been in America a lot longer than the uk

We're only one or 2 generations deep over here

Give it a few more generations and that will change

SMH @ what you wrote. You need true history lessons.