Purchasing A Car

PopT

Guest chap44uns

My boy has 6 to spend on a German motor what should he get? baring in mind he wants to keep costs as low as possible and something that will hold value in a year or 2??

(expect Volkswagen)

My boy has 6 to spend on a German motor what should he get? baring in mind he wants to keep costs as low as possible and something that will hold value in a year or 2??

(expect Volkswagen)

well if he's expecting a VW then he may aswell go for that?

• Upvote 1

finance is a wasteman thing. if u cant afford something don't buy it

new cars is a mugs game anyway

the day you decide to buy a house will be comical.

big difference between buying a whip on finance & mortgaging a house

im baffed by the sacrifices people make for a whip. usually a dead one at that

You're another mug, like say the world financial crises didn't reduce the value of A LOT OF HOUSES AND APARTMENTS.

Any ignorant fool.

most properties will regain the value they had anyway esp. if its in a decent area

but i already said u cant compare houses & cars u muppet. dunno why im even replying to this.

my advice is buy what u can afford & be selective about what u choose, it is 1 thing making money & another keeping it

finance is a wasteman thing. if u cant afford something don't buy it

new cars is a mugs game anyway

the day you decide to buy a house will be comical.

big difference between buying a whip on finance & mortgaging a house

im baffed by the sacrifices people make for a whip. usually a dead one at that

You're another mug, like say the world financial crises didn't reduce the value of A LOT OF HOUSES AND APARTMENTS.

Any ignorant fool.

most properties will regain the value they had anyway esp. if its in a decent area

but i already said u cant compare houses & cars u muppet. dunno why im even replying to this.

my advice is buy what u can afford & be selective about what u choose, it is 1 thing making money & another keeping it

It is all finance you mug so it IS the same thing.

LOL @ thinking you will always be in positive equity, a car is a play thing for the likes of anyone who can afford one. If you can't afford the payments, stick to your 53 plate bangers rather then hate on people who can have a brand new whip whilst also buying whatever they feel to and afford it. 

You really think a lot of rich people buy cars out right? They done finance cars ya mug, new whip every few years rude girl.

• Upvote 1

My ol' man been financing his whips for years now.

Gets a brand new car every 2-3 years once the novelty of the previous one wears off.

Buying a brand new car these days hardly makes financial sense - it will lose 10k just being driven out the showroom.

Most man in here don't realise that real bosses will just throw the monthly payments directly on their companies.

• Upvote 1

another scenario is people who have money, lets say 50k... they do not want to give the whole 50k on a car... they would rather chuck 5-10% of it at a dealer then pay 3-500 a month whilst they still have another 40k+ to use for other things...

i dont see that as being dumb

U might not see it as dumb but it ain't exactly clever is it

It's not a decision based on logic but on marketing