North Korea

Da Luv Doc

the way i see it 

us/uk gnna dispense with kim put there own man in to keep an eye (put military bases) on china/russia

which always fails long term tho see middle east/africa.

worst case scenario for usa is turkey/israel go at it...which are there key allies and is why obama was out there trying to desperately trying to squash beef

the way i see it

us/uk gnna dispense with kim put there own man in to keep an eye (put military bases) on china/russia

worst case scenario for usa is turkey/israel go at it...which are there key allies and is why obama was out there trying to desperately trying to squash beef

Turkey and Israel are friends bro. Don't be fooled by the PR manouvers
  • Upvote 1

the way i see it 

worst case scenario for usa is turkey/israel go at it...which are there key allies and is why obama was out there trying to desperately trying to squash beef

North Korea is nothing like any other country though

Not as easy just putting in their own man imo

Would have generations worth of cultural change for that possibility to even begin to open up

Would have to free from prison/bring back from the dead, the people who would support the USA and have the knowledge and potential experience to run a country

• Upvote 1

the way i see it 

North Korea is nothing like any other country though

Not as easy just putting in their own man imo

Would have generations worth of cultural change for that possibility to even begin to open up

Would have to free from prison/bring back from the dead, the people who would support the USA and have the knowledge and potential experience to run a country

Nailed it.

Turkey vs Israel? Ice that won't happen. Turkey is NATO.

Look at the Qataris. They own a media station that goes IN on Israel every day at every opportunity, in different languages. But they still sit around the table and chat humbly with the Israelis. Qatar is currently backing the media war against on of Israel's great enemies (and ally of the Palestinians, ironically), Syria.

Syria, Iran, and Hamas/Hezbollah are the nations/regional elements to be aware of in that region. That region is currently undergoing a 'reordering' or sorts, Israel is still the military power in the region thanks to their secret tings in Dimona, but Qatar is the media power, and Saudi holds the big dog card in the region. 

Iran doesn't like Saudi, Qatar, Dubai, UAE or any of the other states who fell in line when the US barked. Syria is the main regional ally, with Russian/Chinese interests propping up things on the BRICS side of the fence.

Be interesting to see what Israel do regarding their 'perceived' nuclear threat. Perhaps they'll take this opportunity with the Korean crisis to deal with their own gassed up crisis.

the way i see it

worst case scenario for usa is turkey/israel go at it...which are there key allies and is why obama was out there trying to desperately trying to squash beef

political allies due to usa and exports

but we all know that dont mean shit in reality and an allie can turn to an enemy in no time 

espesh as there is money to be made in the med sea right now

/

putting there own man in is easy

south korea/north korea is no different to east/west germany 

the way i see it

but we all know that dont mean sh*t in reality and an allie can turn to an enemy in no time 

/

Nah man you're wide of the mark. 

Turkey has been boot-kissing for the last ten years. The PM has almost no popular support, he wangles votes thanks to dodgy trade unions that hope to get into the EU market. 

There is a great DOS game called Shadow President, it's basically a geo-political Football Manager. You control the US obv, it's set in 1991 just before Iraq invades Kuwait. Any beef in that region that the US is keen on, Turkey backs. And since I first played that game it has been true.

Turkey will never go at Israel, because they KNOW what's good. Israel has nukes, the Turks do not. They want none.

/

No offence but you're wrong again. There will be no more leaders after the Kims, the Korean peninsula will be scorched. Mate look at a map, China will NEVER allow troops to be THAT close to their border. I think you underestimate the calmness of China, they have clearly warned ALL SIDES - i.e. not BOTH SIDES, but ALL SIDES - i.e. America included to exercise restraint.

Kim will suicide before his country gets taken over by the Yankees. There are a multitude of reasons why this is the case, check the thread.

If we get stuck in the mud against a few thousand tribal Pashtuns, Afghans and Pakistanis we are fucked if we could actually fight this war properly in Korea. 

China WILL get involved. 

• Upvote 3

the way i see it

but we all know that dont mean sh*t in reality and an allie can turn to an enemy in no time 

/

Nah man you're wide of the mark. 

Turkey has been boot-kissing for the last ten years. The PM has almost no popular support, he wangles votes thanks to dodgy trade unions that hope to get into the EU market. 

There is a great DOS game called Shadow President, it's basically a geo-political Football Manager. You control the US obv, it's set in 1991 just before Iraq invades Kuwait. Any beef in that region that the US is keen on, Turkey backs. And since I first played that game it has been true.

Turkey will never go at Israel, because they KNOW what's good. Israel has nukes, the Turks do not. They want none.

/

No offence but you're wrong again. There will be no more leaders after the Kims, the Korean peninsula will be scorched. Mate look at a map, China will NEVER allow troops to be THAT close to their border. I think you underestimate the calmness of China, they have clearly warned ALL SIDES - i.e. not BOTH SIDES, but ALL SIDES - i.e. America included to exercise restraint.

Kim will suicide before his country gets taken over by the Yankees. There are a multitude of reasons why this is the case, check the thread.

If we get stuck in the mud against a few thousand tribal Pashtuns, Afghans and Pakistanis we are fucked if we could actually fight this war properly in Korea. 

China WILL get involved. 

of course turkey would never go at israel with an army they are not stupid, but they can still go at it a lot subtler they both NEED each other and the US needs them even more thats why im saying worst case for US is if them 2 go at it

its all a very fucked situation and everything hinges on syria and thats why no one is getting involved.... espesh israel

right now israel and russia are moving in very similar circles without being pals or really acknowledging each other, russia ideally would like to allie with israel as there boys iran are almost a lost cause and syria well lol

so imagine now turkey has called a nato meeting about there plane going down in syria and are the only ones really pushing to take down al assad, if that goes ahead, russia will defo reach out to israel 

which would leave israel in a very strong position with both russia and usa on there side and russia would not really make any major move on turkey due to nato/usa

the situation in the middle east is all very fucked and there could be a lot of strange bed fellows leaving the US fucked 

thats why obama is scrambling there

/

back to korea

already said earlier in the thread usa would wipe them out leaving a radiation filled desert

but 

politically they could also get rid of the border and reunite korea

Not as easy as just getting rid of the border

The people identify themselves as two different nations

N.Korea's people not due to their own fault have been raised and educated via propaganda information, videos and news stories etc

America showing up and saying we just killed your leader and are here to liberate you and open up your trade restrictions and throw democracy on you, is not going to go down a treat

Just because Kim senior died does not mean he doesnt have loads of friends and allies in their government/powerful figures, who would kill their own people before they up rise and and become more of a liberal society and re-merge with South Korea to make a united state again 

• Upvote 1

Not as easy as just getting rid of the border

The people identify themselves as two different nations

N.Korea's people not due to their own fault have been raised and educated via propaganda information, videos and news stories etc

America showing up and saying we just killed your leader and are here to liberate you and open up your trade restrictions and throw democracy on you, is not going to go down a treat

Just because Kim senior died does not mean he doesnt have loads of friends and allies in their government/powerful figures, who would kill their own people before they up rise and and become more of a liberal society and re-merge with South Korea to make a united state again 

c/s

i dont think the US would even resort/need to drop nukes to end North Korea.

SK and China would be against it plus the long lasting effects would fuck up plans of one Korea run by the south.

no one said it would be easy 

but the people are not stupid espesh over 60s and there children

^ this guy makes a lot of assertions.

What are they based on?? A DOS game.

OK then.

Erm, yeah, and a Geography degree from a Russell Group uni?  I know what I'm on about. I know more than most about this situation, I have had a keen interest in global politics from young.

/

Ice I see you but I don't agree. Turkey is being kept in check, they can do nothing more than look to the West and reminisce about the days of the Ottomans. Erdogan is no Ataturk.

The old Russia was politics, the new Russia is business. Russia will sell RPGs and mortars to Hezbollah by the trailerload, and still shake hands with Bibi. It's all business. The circles they move in might be similar, but Israel knows where most Russians stand - and it isn't with them. Iran and Syria are incredibly blessed with resources, Russia is in public a friendly investor in legitimate industrial sectors. Differently, they are investing in proxy armies and creating problems for Israel.

Turkey is trying to assume a role as a strong player in the region, they have some F35s now and they think they're levelling . Really, they're just NATO pawns. Israel is the real regional kingpin.

no one said it would be easy 

but the people are not stupid espesh over 60s and there children

Not just as simple as that changing laws

You think deep down the South Korea people will want a lower standard of living as a result of having to share their GDP with North Korea who are extremely poor and in dire need of investment which will come out of the Souths tax receipts?

And two extremely different cultures as far as we know, due to the time exceeded since the 2nd world war

Not just for the North to want to re-unite with the south

Its the South's people being willing to lower their standard of living in the near-medium future and accept them back

i dont think the US would even resort/need to drop nukes to end North Korea.

SK and China would be against it plus the long lasting effects would f*ck up plans of one Korea run by the south.

This is what I'm saying. This is reheated Cold War stuff.

Ice said there is no difference between SK/NK and East/West Berlin. The most important difference is that NK has a political dynasty 3 generations deep. 

The North Koreans will not accept rule by Americans or South Koreans. The North Koreans have a much keener memory of the 20th Century, at least the bits of it that happened in their part of the world, than most of us do. The South Koreans don't really want war, they want K-Pop and video games. 

China and North Korea both weathered the Cold War storm, and even though NK didn't become a Tiger economy, or possess chaebols of its own, it has relied on it's bigger brother China in the same way that SK relied on the US. 

If North Korean companies had the same sort of market penetration as the South Korean chaebols, or Taiwan for example, it would have become a true powerhouse. Instead, its main market for exports is China, and most of its imports come from there too. You have to question WHY China is investing money in keeping the country going.

The sanctions are what are really fucking the country up and forcing it to talk like this, because the ONLY factories that make money when economic sanctions are in effect are usually the military ones....

For those who don't know what a chaebol is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaebol

The chaebol were able to grow because of two factors—foreign loans and special favors. Access to foreign technology also was critical to the growth of the chaebol through the 1980s. Under the guise of "guided capitalism," the government selected companies to undertake projects and channeled funds from foreign loans. The government guaranteed repayment should a company be unable to repay its foreign creditors. Additional loans were made available from domestic banks. In the late 1980s, the chaebol dominated the industrial sector and were especially prevalent in manufacturing, trading, and heavy industries.

The tremendous growth that the chaebol experienced, beginning in the early 1960s, was closely tied to the expansion of South Korean exports. Growth resulted from the production of a diversity of goods rather than just one or two products. Innovation and the willingness to develop new product lines were critical. In the 1950s and early 1960s, chaebol concentrated on wigs and textiles; by the mid-1970s and 1980s, heavy, defense, and chemical industries had become predominant. While these activities were important in the early 1990s, real growth was occurring in the electronics and high-technology industries. The chaebol also were responsible for turning the trade deficit in 1985 to a trade surplus in 1986. The current account balance, however, fell from more than US$14 billion in 1988 to US$5 billion in 1989.

The chaebol continued their explosive growth in export markets in the 1980s. By the late 1980s, the chaebol had become financially independent and secure—thereby eliminating the need for further government-sponsored credit and assistance.

By the 1990s, South Korea was one of the largest NICs, and boasted a standard of living comparable to industrialized countries.

Might aswell drop this in here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386064/

SERIOUS WAR FILM. One of the best.

• Upvote 2

All jokes aside though this shit nuh look good ...

Power hungry daemons,irate mongoloids and nuclear bombs = recipe for disaster .

Might have to book myself  a long vacation

Brother no country in this world is stupid enough to actually use nuclear bombs. It's just a deterant (sp) last time it was used was nearly 70 years ago. Only things close I can think off is Cuba missles and Pakistan vs India. And even then they were just flexing muscles

All jokes aside though this sh*t nuh look good ...

Power hungry daemons,irate mongoloids and nuclear bombs = recipe for disaster .

Might have to book myself  a long vacation

Where you gonna go  :lol:

Afganistan is meant to be lovely in spring.