Yuppies out

stacksbranning

Yuppies out’ scrawled across window of new Foxtons on Brixton Road

Workers at the new branch of Foxtons, Brixton Road, arrived to work this morning to the words “yuppies out” scrawled in large letters in paint across the estate agent’s window.

The graffiti follows an earlier incident this weekend, which saw “yuck” written in smaller letters on the glass.

Many see the arrival of the estate agent, on the site of the former Speedy Noodle restaurant, as a graphic symbol of gentrification in Brixton.

foxtons-yuppies-out--610x457.jpg

Seems like the brixton mandem have finally had enough .

Personally i applaud them for getting their hands dirty and doing what they have to do to save their  strip .

• Downvote 1

duh DA da da dada duh DA da da dada

duh DA da da dada duh DA da da dada

FANDANGO?

:rofl:

No

Its faaaaaan daaaaaaaaaaaan go

rehhh speedy noodle went!?!

faaak i remember passing dat place... dat place was a few buildings big!!!

/

so this is wots happening governments are revamping these "hood" "ghetto" areas and putting yuppie white people in there or people who have money/business men/women

so where do di blacks go to in di UK???

Will be like paris the rich in the city and the poor on the outskirts.

Should of built a wall around london a decade ago stop these northern uni grads from coming in, not only would it of helped the rest of the uk as money would be going elsewhwere but also helped the underclass in london who graduate and still live with mum.

rehhh speedy noodle went!?!

faaak i remember passing dat place... dat place was a few buildings big!!!

/

so this is wots happening governments are revamping these "hood" "ghetto" areas and putting yuppie white people in there or people who have money/business men/women

so where do di blacks go to in di UK???

It's what happens in most places that art creatives make 'cool' shoreditch,Dalston,New Cross,Brixton. First students move in because the rents are cheap and turn the areas into places to be seen by opening club nights,art events and food places. Then young professionals want to be near all the cool restaurants and clubs and so start renting and buying property. Slowly driving the prices up. Property developers start refurbishing and building places and all the big brands shift all the local shops out. The next batch of students move onto the next area. Rinse and repeat.

It's not even a colour thing, it's a money thing. Plenty of ethnic yuppies I know who have recently brought property or started renting round those sides. As they have very good salaries. I'll give it ten years until if you're not earning a certain wage you can completely forget about either buying or renting in London.

And not even council housing will survive in it's current form. In times gone by these areas would still have council estates alongside the influx of money. But you can already see that councils are moving people who they can no longer find houses or flats for out of the cities as it's cheaper for them in the long term. This article below was from feb. By the end of this year I expect a lot of people will have already been moved.

Camden council said that it would shortly be contacting 761 households, comprising 2,816 adults and children, because the coalition's benefit cap – which limits total welfare payments to £500 a week for families – will mean that they will be unable to afford their current accommodation or any other home in the south-east.

The local authority says it has been forced to look as far afield as Bradford, Birmingham and Leicester and warns that 900 schoolchildren – more than one child for each class as an average across the borough's schools – face having their education disrupted by the move.

Some authorities have also looked at buying properties outside the south-east. In nearby Brent, where 1,100 households will lose £100 a week after the household cap is introduced, the council has "assessed the costs of procurement in different areas of the country such as the Midlands — including Coventry and Birmingham. We have procured properties so far in Luton, Slough, High Wycombe and Hertfordshire."

London is going to look very different in a few years.  Hell the north of England is going to as well

That's what I'm saying

Its got nothing to do with race

I also know man who are currently renting for a fortune in stoke newington, some tiny single room house share who can afford to buy a home back up north and there are jobs in there current field but won't take the pay cut even though they would live a better life( Materialistically) but want to be in London so bad due to social life and professionally........

If all these guys fucked back off and built up there northern towns UK wouldn't be so reliant on London

I don't get it, my mum was saying that when they had me they were considered yuppies, young married graduates who were new home owners with money to splash. Now everything is just about selling up and leaving the country as far as my rents are focused.

Where did these new yuppies come from I certainly can't afford to buy a home and my parents had three at my age one in luton and two in tower bridge.

Yh I wanted to show off that I'm brass and my mum is now in a part ownership housing association property in the woods of Highgate. We living the vida loca baby. I just want to know what's the beef with yuppies cuz in the mid 80's mum was part of that crowd but it wernt yuppies out them times in brixton it was keep briton white on the walls.