ViP2 Radio LIVE Discussion

Sinister

Use the calendar to book in a show and make sure you set your start and end times

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/calendar/2-radio

OK, so swiftie dun hooked this up.Currently in testing stage, just playing MP3's, but if it's all bless and the bandwidth backs up will touchdown with a set.Need DJ's/Producers/Characters who wanna do sets.

Even if you cant mix, but wanna host.All you need to host is WinAMP + Shoutcast plugin + Decent Connection.Will be a proper page on the mainpage, with DJ profiles/archive sets/shoutbox (Ang Tite Durrty on that).

LINK

Use either WinAMP/iTunes/VLC/Media Player ClassicFor Windows Media Player:

Alright,I'm at work, only got moby connection out of hours, and I wont be fully on this until I get back Midday Wednesday, so I might be late answering PMs.YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A PRO TO GET A SLOT ON THE RADIO.

We're just testing at the moment, so bare with me yeah if there's probs.Alright, all you need is WinAMP or Virtual DJ.You need to get a ShoutCAST pluglin.Follow these simple instructions to get the radio DSP installed

1. Make sure WinAmp aint running.

2. Download this and follow the onscreen instructions to install (Next, Next, Next ting really...

http://yp.shoutcast.com/downloads/shoutcast-dsp-1-9-0-windows.exe

3. Start Winamp and open Preferences (CTRL-P) and click on the DSP/effects subcategory under the Plug-ins tree. 4. A new window should popup, enter the following:

Server: vip2.co.ukPort: 8000 / Password: PM Admin.

MAKE SURE YOU SET ENCODER OPTIONS TO EITHER 64 / 96 Kbps OR YOU'LL DEAD THE BANDWIDTH

FOR VDJ:

1. Go to the record section on the program (theres 4 sections, browser / sampler / effects / RECORD

2. Click the broadcast button in the record section, then click CONFIG3. Enter the details as shown below (obviously enter your own name / www.ViP2.co.uk)

picture2in8.png

4. Click OK, Then Hit Record to start broadcasting!

Yeah VDJ's cool, like I said, dont need anything apart from:All you need to host is WinAMP + Shoutcast plugin + Decent Connection.Decent Connection = 1 Mbps Upwards, but dont hold me on that, ask swiftie.All the connection is used for is sending the music from ur PC to the server, noone actually connects to you.All bandwidth is taken from the server, that's why it needs testing to see how far it goes.

Guest Braundy

im workin on a couple thing, but we aint secretive so imma let it all outthere will be a link at the top of the page jus above the menu on the right that will show which dj is playin n wot they are playinthen u have the option to play in a flash player that pops out or a media playeradd to that there will be a radio page which will show the profiles o the dj's, shoutbox, timetables and an ondemand service, all the dj's will record their sets n ull b able to listen to them and download past shows in the vip2 radio iplayer, so to speak.n im also workin on a ting where i can connect my PBX to my computer, get a freefone number n have live call in's on some talk showcould have guests aswell n that depending on where i ammore ideas are welcome, im workin on the flash player nw, shud b finished by the end of the weekend, then ill start on the page bt wt do much, then ill get bac on it hard nexx saturday coz its christmas n ting