Whats Next For Benitez?

Mame Biram Diouf

Rafael Benitez wants to stay in the Premier League - and has revealed the hunt for his next job is well underway.

Chelsea's interim boss was met with boos and banners when he replaced fan favourite Roberto Di Matteo on a short-term deal in November.

But after securing Champions League football and guiding the Blues to Wednesday's Europa League final, the Spaniard is keen for a third stint in the Premier League.

"It is started already, the agents are working," the former Liverpool manager said.

"My job is to concentrate on the games, my agent is talking around.

"The Premier League is a fantastic league, my family still live in England so it would be easier but if not I will go abroad. I have no problem with Spanish, Italian, French (leagues).

"I was on holiday for nearly two years (before Chelsea). I want another job.

"The priority is still England but if you cannot find a club maybe you have to go abroad."

Admitting he has set his sights on a top post, the 53-year-old added: "When I was not working, some people said 'he cannot get a job' but I had a lot of offers.

"But you are looking for a top side or a for a proper project to build something.

"There are two options for the future - to get a project, two or three years to build a team like at Liverpool.

"Or maybe a top side with money where you can buy some players and maybe be challenging for trophies from the beginning.

"I'm sure we will have offers. We already have some clubs asking, but it depends on the level or the project."

Almost feel sorry for the guy now

Crazy how it seems Chelsea didn't even think twice about giving him the job

Hope he does stay in England but Man City won't take him on, he wouldn't go Everton.

Would like to see him at Newcastle though if they sack Pardew and stay up, good team there and should be given some money to spend.

Moyes - Man Utd

City - Pelleg

Chelsea - Mourinho

Arsenal - Wenger

Totty - AVB

Newcastle - Benitez

Everton - Martinez

That line up would be sick for competition/tactics

And another summer for Rodgers at Liverpool to invest and build his squad and hopefully Swansea give Laurdrup money so he can push them for Europa qualification 

• Upvote 2

he's done what he can with the team at his disposal

he gets stick for the way Chelsea crashed out of the League Cup/CWC

but looking back further, Di Mateo's Chelsea got out classed by Atletico and went out in the group stages of the Champions League

add to that that he had a summer to prepare his team and Rafa had to prepare as he went along

add in the moronic jeering and sh*t he gets for every move he makes (good or bad)

he introduced Azpi and Mosses to the fold and found a way to incorporate Mata, Oscar and Hazard without leaving the team exposed - to an extent

even handled the fixture congestion nicely, must be over 60 games for the season by now

think he's done a good job, with a broken team

/

get the feeling Pellegrini at City is going to be on a different level to the rest

Tevez? - Aguero

?        -                  Silva

Fernandinho? - Yaya

Clichy - Nastacic - Kompany - Zaba

Dont thin city need to strengthen defensively either

maybe a cb to replace toure/lescott

lack of goals is all from tactics and style of play

• Downvote 1