Tyson Fury vs David Haye - 99% Done

Eskay Jones

Interesting

The unbeaten Mancunian made the claim after speaking to Haye’s manager Adam Booth at James DeGale's successful WBC super-middleweight silver title defence against Stjepan Bozic in Bluew

Speaking on Channel 5, the 25-year-old Fury said:

"I was minding my own business over there and I bumped into Adam Booth, so we got him on camera and we asked him: 'Why is the David Haye fight not being done,' and he said: 'Do you want the fight?' so I said: 'Two million per cent. The ball is in your court so call me tomorrow morning.'

"He said: 'I cant see why this fight cannot be done' - so there it is from the horse's mouth. Adam Booth says he wants this fight. The fight is 99 per cent baby!"

Talks had been reportedly ongoing for some time, but Fury's comments imply any contact was only made recently.

Fury later told SportsMail that he would love to fight Haye in Manchester, but would be happy with London.

"I'd love it to happen in Manchester but we might flip a coin to see where it happens.

"I can beat David Haye because I'm the greatest fighter that's ever lived; that's ever stepped out of Britain.

"My plan is to knock out Haye, then Klitschko, Klitschko. And then vacate a title for my younger cousin Hughie Fury to beat Mike Tyson's record to become youngest ever heavyweight champion," Fury added.

An injured Fury recently pulled out of an IBF eliminator clash with Kubrat Pulev, which would have given the winner a mandatory challenge against champion Wladimir Klitschko.

Haye, 32, is a former WBA world champion but failed in his bid to take Wladimir's three belts in 2011. He then retired, although reversed his decision to fight fellow Londoner Dereck Chisora in 2012.

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/boxing-fury-v-haye-99-per-cent-done-143924905.html

Fighting Weights any thoughts on this whats the likelyhood of this?

lol@hightlighted

Tbf he has (or his team have) tried to avoid the fight for a little while

It is a bit of a comedy fight but as much as a big, unskilled joke that he is, fury is a legitimate contender who has beaten some half decent opposition for a sub-20 fight prospect

It's actually a good thing to have HW contenders facing eachother

Interesting

"I can beat David Haye because I'm the greatest fighter that's ever lived; that's ever stepped out of Britain.

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/boxing-fury-v-haye-99-per-cent-done-143924905.html

Fighting Weights any thoughts on this whats the likelyhood of this?

lol@hightlighted

also lol @highlighted

fury has fought some good fighters and dosen't take easy fights for his record. but im not convnced. Egan's is a good gym which would have worked to give him the fundamentals we see but i dont think he has the natural power at his size. statements like the above are ridiculous, i kno fighers have to hype fights but i cant belive anyone hearin that would hear it with a straight face. Haye still has power and speed and expereince against much better fighters. Haye to win.

Guest Chelsea Jack

gunna have a bet on david haye 1-3 grouped round betting

Fury don't have the temperament or defense to beat haye imo

He's still young tho and i think a KO loss may actually be good for him, because it will force him to reevaluate himself as a boxer. Judging from his words, it would appear that Tyson genuinely believes he is the finished article, but to almost everyone other than himself this is clearly not the case. 

His younger cousin Hughie looks like a terrific young prospect, at 18 years old it will be interesting to see how he fares against better opposition.

The fights almost completed

/

Not even temprement I don't think he has the skill at all, the amount of overhand rights he gets hit with is unreal, that's pretty much Haye's pet punch, Haye has a pretty bad chin himself but as soon as he decides to open up Fury is in trouble, and it's not as if he needs to Flurry either

The basic blueprint Cunningham followed would see Fury knocked out

Guest Chelsea Jack

Tbh i don't think haye's chin is as bad as people make out, he's never been on the receiving end of a one punch KO. Also, his stoppage loss to thompson was more to do with stamina and inexperience rather than a lack of punch resistance. However, i think it's his head movement which prevents him from getting stopped, Emmanuel Steward applauded it after his fight with Wlad and said he found it very difficult to catch him cleanly. 

Either way, Fury is getting knocked the fuck out and it's gunna be another easy payday for haye.

• Upvote 1

anybody think the heavyweight division will step up or is it dead for life? Can Wilder bring it back Fighting weight?

weird innit. Wilder is the first exciting/good heavyweights for years now. youd think logically some would turn up... wilder absolutely boyed poor old Audley. he beat up Greer and Price too (I thought Price was actually a better opponent than Greer who he fuoght after Price, but whtever, he dealt with both of them). he's looked very very good of what I've seen so far - but we wont know how good, until he get's in with someone serous.

funnily enuogh i mihght have an opportunity to train with matt skelton next month, my spar knows his trainer.

Guest Chelsea Jack

the grouped rounds are

1-3  4-6  7-9  10-12 

you select your favored fighter to stop his opponent during one of the groups

/

Heavyweight division outside the K2 brothers can still be quite interesting in my opinion. The problem is that they are just far better than everybody else and are never involved in entertaining fights, so it has all become a formality and a bit stale at the top. Once they retire the division will be wide open and the scene will be full of shocks, surprises and most importantly competition.

If you want truly entertaining big men, then follow the cruiserweight division. The fights there are much more engaging and it has a vast pool of talent, the only problem is the big fights are usually held in Germany where it's notoriously difficult for away fighters to get a decision, so at times it can be frustrating. However, this is a problem that permeates the sport of boxing, prompting me to overlook it in this instance and just enjoy the bouts as a neutral fan.

Guest Chelsea Jack

Not interested in this fight, I'll watch it though.

Audley on his day would have either fighter, just tells you how poor our heavyweight division is.

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chelsea Jack

80/20

C

CD

CD

DC

DC

DC][DC

DCSD

LOOOOOOOOOOL FURY IS OFF HIS NUT IF HE THINKS HE DESERVES THAT.. HAYE IS THE MORE ACCOMPLISHED FIGHTER AND IS A BIGGER DRAW LOOOL