Nearly 65% of Jamaican females classified as obese

Don Crack

Supposedly heating oil can introduce cancerous properties to it.

A family friend passed of cancer maybe 3 weeks ago, was 56 I think, I remember what Mgeez said about burnt food being cancerous, my mum said her and her husband loved Barbecued food...

hmm this is false..

nigerians eat oil foods all day long. Cancer aint even as common as it is over here.  

2 pretty silly comments

i think we can all agree there's quite a few contributing factors

i do need to stop frying everythin tho i need to be reprogrammed

Maybe I shoulda posted articles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-382571/Frying-increase-cancer-risk.html

Smoking causes cancer by itself, there doesn't have to be other contributing factors.

Stack is a world class mug still. 

Sounds like one of those world  westerners that classify africa as a nation. 

As a someone of (nigerian heritage) I can only comment on what we eat. Its custom for us to eat 3 organic meals a day and we tend to eat until we have to losen our belt buckle and lie down. No rules to any diet. As someone did mention its a sign of good living to be fat over there. 

Our foods generally are oil, protein and starch heavy. Its quite different to what yanks will call soul food. 

Then you have East africans like kenyans. They seem to have a balanced diet and seem to have a eat to survive approach. Thats why they have bit more slender in comparison to nigerians.

Diabetes is more common amongst black people in the western society than back home though. 

Organic home food though >  Mcds, fish fingers, chips & squash and them foods there.

You just proved my point you speng ...

Diabetes is more common over here but heart attacks are just as common over there

As a someone of (nigerian heritage) I can only comment on what we eat. Its custom for us to eat 3 organic meals a day and we tend to eat until we have to losen our belt buckle and lie down. No rules to any diet. As someone did mention its a sign of good living to be fat over there. 

Our foods generally are oil, protein and starch heavy. Its quite different to what yanks will call soul food. 

Then you have East africans like kenyans. They seem to have a balanced diet and seem to have a eat to survive approach. Thats why they have bit more slender in comparison to nigerians.

Diabetes is more common amongst black people in the western society than back home though. 

Organic home food though >  Mcds, fish fingers, chips & squash and them foods there.

east africans are generally more ectomorphic thou - west africans tending more to mesomorph/endomorph. combine that with no exercise and particular diet and you have a recipe* for weight gain. most jamaicans would be originally of west african origin no? so diet i think is secondary.

*excuse pun

This

how about senegal, mali and gambia most of the ones i know are ectomorphic

i hear your point though

hmm, kno a few breddas from Sene/gambia, their big chunky guys. never met any1 from mali don't think, but yeah - was thinking of nigeria/ghana really. ever met any hench east africans? i kno the dinka in sout sudan are the tallest/biggest tribe in the world or suttin but never met any. evry somalian/kenyan/dijibootean/ethiopian i kno is rail-thin.

/thread

how about senegal, mali and gambia most of the ones i know are ectomorphic

i hear your point though

hmm, kno a few breddas from Sene/gambia, their big chunky guys. never met any1 from mali don't think, but yeah - was thinking of nigeria/ghana really. ever met any hench east africans? i kno the dinka in sout sudan are the tallest/biggest tribe in the world or suttin but never met any. evry somalian/kenyan/dijibootean/ethiopian i kno is rail-thin.

yh the east african thing is true except maybe tanzania

the south sudanese people are tall but slim same as your average senegalese/gambian

but like you said they do have that get hench quick gene