Players who stole a living

Kerzhakov (al champs league games and russian games i seen him in this guy couldnt hit a barn door)

There was one game in particular for Russia where I was begging the coach to sub him, it was painful watching his confidence die in front of my eyes.

igors stepanovs.

literally got signed because of bants gone too far.

According to Ray Parlour, who was there at the time, Martin Keown used to get really wound up if he thought another centre back was going to be signed and potentially displace him from the team. So Ray and some of the others started talking about Stepanovs, saying how great he’d been when he came for a trial, and how they thought he’d fit right in at Arsenal. This wound Keown up no end, but no one was more surprised than Parlour when Stepanovs actually turned up as a new signing. When Arsène was questioned about it by the players, he said he’d heard them all saying how good Stepanovs was so decided to sign him on that basis!

• Upvote 6

:lol: apparently them man used to get at keown. 

Arsenal's Martin Keown was very easy to wind up. One day a guy from Adidas turned up with some boots. He was dressed in a tracksuit.

Ray Parlour said to Keown “*bleep* me that’s that centre half from Bayern, the boss must be buying him” - Keown was getting agitated at this.

Dennis Bergkamp cottoned on to this & joined in, “With him & Adams at the back this season we will walk the league this year”

Keown was angry, neck veins bulging & went to see Wenger and demanded to know why he was being replaced. Arsene Wenger didn’t know what he was on about!!

bergkamp>>>>>>

cant imagine this kind of banter happens at arsenal any more with dry freshies like gervinho and sideman like walcott

• Upvote 3