Lending money to family and friends

kerser

Slightly of topic but rippys comment about food/friend reminded me.....

/

You know when you go out to eat for a friends birthday dinner and it comes to the bill time - and it gets split between everyone as a whole rather than individually

When I last went to one everyone was asked to put in £20, some girl had only had only had like a drink n starter which came to about 8 pound she was pissed I could tell she didn't wanna. Fair enough.

And then the flip to that is you got people that spent around 18/19 pound and then still wana hold out there hand for change looool.

can't be going to dinner with these people 

four of us go for a meal and it comes to 120, im putting in 30 weather mine came up to 20 or 40, if i took the piss like with a seriously expensive meal/drink then i will put in more....

but on general like someone said, if i'm going out with the same people often then it should balance out

/

when on hol with my boys we just took turns paying the bill for dinner/breakfast etc...(except 1 guy lollollol which is a next story)

3 years ago just before going on holiday with my ex I had £700 spending money stacked in my draw. My boy calls me says he needs £300 for studio costs, so gave him it out of my spending money and he said he'll give it back a week before I went away.

Few days before he went ghost, all phones off including house phone. I'm thinking fuck holiday ruined, gonna have to be watching pennies etc

Anyways still ain't seen that money to this day. And he rang me 2 weeks later saying he got shifted blah blah blah

God works in mysterious ways though coz literally on the morning I was flying out some old ISA matured and I was paid over 3k

3 years ago just before going on holiday with my ex I had £700 spending money stacked in my draw. My boy calls me says he needs £300 for studio costs, so gave him it out of my spending money and he said he'll give it back a week before I went away.

Few days before he went ghost, all phones off including house phone. I'm thinking f*ck holiday ruined, gonna have to be watching pennies etc

Anyways still ain't seen that money to this day. And he rang me 2 weeks later saying he got shifted blah blah blah

God works in mysterious ways though coz literally on the morning I was flying out some old ISA matured and I was paid over 3k

That is fucked, couldn't imagine someone I was close enough to drop that money to would turn that way.

Must have taken a lot to leave it. Know it's not loads of money but that situation makes it different.

Borrowed a healthy sum of the wife, had some comments saying it gave her the power but never bothered me.

Your boys said that?

I don't really watch money like that, if I've got it anybody can ask.

Long as I dnt need it to live

My mum always said 'what monkey av 'im giv 'im fren'

Borrowed a healthy sum of the wife, had some comments saying it gave her the power but never bothered me.

Your boys said that?

sorry to hear about ur mother's disabilities 

• Upvote 1

Few days before he went ghost, all phones off including house phone. I'm thinking f*ck holiday ruined, gonna have to be watching pennies etc

You still good friends with this guy?

Your boys said that?

sorry to hear about ur mother's disabilities 

Fuckinell

I couldn't talk to my friend if they done me like that.

money shows you a lot about your friends

I've learnt over the years which guys I could lend money to and not even worry about when they'll pay me back, as when they have it they'll be straight over to me and theres those guys you know not to lend money to ever again

I'll still pick up the phone to him and I hold no grudges but it defo ain't the same

Within 6 months of coming back from holiday his mum died and he had a yout so I just left him to it

I used to hook up nuff of my bredrins if I had the money, but learnt that some man can't stick to their word and don't give a shit if I'm suffering because I dropped them dough. So now only a select few I will borrow money to and only if my cash flow situation is good. Not going hungry because you want to buy a new laptop or iPad. Even fell out with two friends because I lent them money, I needed it, they were stalling, then I was hearing they are buying whips and shit. When I approached them pissed about it they were dropping "so what money over your boys yeah?". I couldn't believe the audacity. From there I learned only lend if you can afford to live with late payments.

We sorted it all out and we made up but valuable life lessons were learned that day.

I used to hook up nuff of my bredrins if I had the money, but learnt that some man can't stick to their word and don't give a sh*t if I'm suffering because I dropped them dough. So now only a select few I will borrow money to and only if my cash flow situation is good. Not going hungry because you want to buy a new laptop or iPad. Even fell out with two friends because I lent them money, I needed it, they were stalling, then I was hearing they are buying whips and sh*t. When I approached them pissed about it they were dropping "so what money over your boys yeah?". I couldn't believe the audacity. From there I learned only lend if you can afford to live with late payments.

We sorted it all out and we made up but valuable life lessons were learned that day.

:o :o :o :o