Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fighting Weight

HBO present Eddie Hearn with four potential opponents for Carl Froch

11 posts in this topic

They are signing a four fight deal due to the overseas interest Carl has generated, the opponents are

Mikkel Kessler 

Andre Ward

Gennady Golovkin

Chavez Jr.

I'd be very up for all of those, though Kessler & Ward are foregone conclusions and we've already seen what would happen. I think The Golovkin & Chavez fights would be wars, Golovkin win via UD or perhaps late stoppage and Chavez Jr to lose by stoppage.

lol i saw this earlier.. I dont wanna watch Ward and Kessler tbh cos as you said it's a foregone conclusion.

Golovkin would be the best matchup for me. Will his power carry up to super mid? We shall see.

Hbo desperate to sign ppl after the exodus :lol: Michael Buffer must be bored as hell

/

Would love to see Golovkin fight but that could potentially end Frochs career. Not too keen on Chavez Jr, would prefer martinez if he is willing to go up

Nah Martinez won't move up, he got a gift in his last bout and his body seems to be falling to bits, I think he may have one, maybe two more high level fights left, and they'd definitely be at 160.

Golovkins power SHOULD carry up, I mean he's a pretty monstrous puncher right now at 160, and Froch is hardly a huge SMW so he will definitely be feeling the shots.

Besides, Golovkin has much better fundamentals.

Defo a good match up though. I think the Chavez fight would be good value for money too.

Andre Ward gonna leave Froch all chipped up

Really can't even see why Froch wants the fight tbh infact I'm not sure he does and his insisting that it be in England is probably an intentional roadblock because he knows it's unlikely to happen

On a side note, it's disgusting that Froch is the unified SMW champ

the unified paper champ.. Nobody really believes he is the man at SMW

It wasn't his fault that Ward gave up the belt

^ wbc stripped him because he could not defend it due to his shoulder injury right?

Yet floyd still has his junior middleweight strap from the wbc with no defense to speak of

floyd is the much bigger draw therefore they want him as champion

Yup, that

He earns them huge amounts of money, plus is 'loyal' to the WBC (remember him always parading his green belts?)