Trayvon Martin Trial

Bobby Reds

As I find it hard to believe that this off duty policeman spends his days off curiously following every youth he see's I'm left feeling that something must've prompted him into following. Whether that was racially motivated or not I don't know, only one person knows and I'm eagerly waiting his testimony on the matter.

Regardless of emotionally motivated thoughts, looking at the evidence brought forward and the laws in that part of America the Jury should find Zimmerman not guilty.

I think something about this whole thing stinks but jury's aren't supposed to be led by hunch's, emotions or anything like that, they are supposed to only take the evidence given in court,

Based on that, Not guilty will be the correct verdict.

On the joke the Lawyer told, he did it to put the point accross effectively, I think despite the valid Arguement that it could be seen as distasteful doing it in that way held more weight than merely saying it in a conventionally open statement kind of way.

• Downvote 1

He was a neighbourhood watch volunteer, not a policeman.

The charge is 2nd degree murder (not premeditated)

To me shooting somebody in the chest is an act intended to kill, he could of aimed for a lower part of the body imo.

At the very least it's involuntary manslaughter (death brought about by negligence)

The racial aspect of this has probably weakened the case for Trayvons parents, but he's guilty of a crime for sure.

He was a neighbourhood watch volunteer, not a policeman.

The charge is 2nd degree murder (not premeditated)

To me shooting somebody in the chest is an act intended to kill, he could of aimed for a lower part of the body imo.

At the very least it's involuntary manslaughter (death brought about by negligence)

The racial aspect of this has probably weakened the case for Trayvons parents, but he's guilty of a crime for sure.

Agree about manslaughter but not because of negligence. He was packing a pistol and he deliberately sought to start a confrontation, because in the back of his mind he was ready to pull his handgun at the sight of trouble. People who carry firearms need to exercise much better judgement because your solution to every confrontation cannot be to gun someone down, and if you're getting into confrontations where you feel the need to pull a gun then you should let the police deal with it to start with instead of deliberately engaging in a fight
  • Upvote 2

Didn't know he was only a neighbourhood watch volunteer.

To break down in brief what I Understand of the laws in that area.

A man can look to start a fight with somebody, throw the first punch but then start losing the fight, that person is now permitted to use reasonable force to stop his "opponent" reasonable force could stretch to shooting somebody dead if that person felt their life was in danger.

• Downvote 1

Thats not the law

In laymans terms stand your ground law means you can use lethal force to defend yourself

The crux of this case is that the jury will need to decide who in actuality was the attacker

If they view zimmerman as the attacker he will be found guilty

If they see trayvon as the attacker zimmerman will be found not guilty

In a case wgere there is no direct evidence to show who the attacker was the jury will have to draw an inference based on the facts presented to them regarding the incident to come to a verdict

• Upvote 1

Thats not the law

In laymans terms stand your ground law means you can use lethal force to defend yourself

The crux of this case is that the jury will need to decide who in actuality was the attacker

If they view zimmerman as the attacker he will be found guilty

If they see trayvon as the attacker zimmerman will be found not guilty

In a case wgere there is no direct evidence to show who the attacker was the jury will have to draw an inference based on the facts presented to them regarding the incident to come to a verdict

Ding ding ding

George Zimmerman trial briefly halted after court Skype account bombarded with calls

zimmermanskype.jpg

These are the dangers of broadcasting court proceedings to the outside world: this morning during the very serious murder trial of George Zimmerman, things came to a screeching halt after Skype — which was being used for remote witness testimony — was suddenly overwhelmed with incoming call requests. As you can see in the video below, criminal justice professor Scott Pleasants had only made it two or so minutes into his testimony before calls came pouring in. Constant Skype alerts and pop-up notifications made it impossible to continue. "Turn down the volume," said Judge Debra Nelson.

"Is there another phone that we can call into that is a landline that we will not have the pop-ups of people calling?" Clearly flustered, she ordered attorneys to "hang up the phone" and find another number with which they could contact Pleasants — one free of interruptions. Testimony eventually resumed over a cellular connection. Attorneys could have easily avoided the entire headache by limiting incoming calls to the account's contact list.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/3/4490508/george-zimmerman-trial-halted-after-court-skype-account-barraged-with-calls

• 2 weeks later...

He was always going to be acquitted, even if every member of the jury thought he was guilty they could only convict due to concrete evidence. That was lacking big time sadly.

Feel for the family,

His lawyer said something really interesting after the trial he said about Zimmerman.

"I think he wishes he could wave a magic wand and get his life back"

All I have to say is this is disgusting and this motherf*cker better live in fear his whole life no way can someone get away with that violation.

I'll PayPal you £50 if you can convince me using a well reasoned argument that he should have been found guilty

• Downvote 1