Wayne Rooney Saga

Fresh

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney last night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea are understood to have offered £10m in cash plus a player, thought to be either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

But Rooney has reiterated his desire to leave the club this summer.

He has been left angered by recent messages coming out of Old Trafford, most noticeably new manager David Moyes's suggestion Robin van Persie is his main striker.

The Scot said last week: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him I want as many options as possible."

From BBC

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney last night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea are understood to have offered £10m in cash plus a player, thought to be either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

But Rooney has reiterated his desire to leave the club this summer.

He has been left angered by recent messages coming out of Old Trafford, most noticeably new manager David Moyes's suggestion Robin van Persie is his main striker.

The Scot said last week: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him I want as many options as possible."

From BBC

I will be PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSED if this is true and we rejected (mata not luiz) .

Fat boy can piss off

That bid is not serious. Mourinho is just back to his mind games. Blatantly just a way of "declaring" interest before putting some proper money on the table. Not sure why they'd want to unsettle Mata though ffs. I reckon he's their most important player at this point.

Im going to commit suicide

Bye lads

Jay its true from press association