Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lens

Same-Sex Marriage Officially Legal in the UK

10 posts in this topic

Gay rights activists are celebrating an “historic” moment after same-sex marriage was officially legalised – but churches claimed marriage has been “stripped” of its meaning.

MPs cheered in the House of Commons as it was announced that royal assent had been given to the new Bill, paving the way for the first same-sex weddings next spring.

The Queen, who is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, gave her formal approval to the Bill – one of the most radical pieces of social legislation of her reign – this afternoon. (Wednesday)

It follows debates in both houses of Parliament earlier this week to finalise approval for the Bill.

Benjamin Cohen, founder of the Out4Marriage campaign, said: “Giving gay couples the right to marry will make our nation a more tolerant, open and welcoming place to live in and significantly increase the life prospects of so many people.

I'm thinking if this is legalised, we can surely start working on Bigamy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10185567/Churches-and-gay-rights-activist-alike-mark-watershed-moment-as-gay-marriage-is-legalised.html

Marma man Fi dead.

my crew...my dogs....set rules....set laws.....we represent for the lords of yards.....a gyal alone a feel up my.....

Gay rights activists are celebrating an “historic” moment after same-sex marriage was officially legalised – but churches claimed marriage has been “stripped” of its meaning.

MPs cheered in the House of Commons as it was announced that royal assent had been given to the new Bill, paving the way for the first same-sex weddings next spring.

The Queen, who is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, gave her formal approval to the Bill – one of the most radical pieces of social legislation of her reign – this afternoon. (Wednesday)

It follows debates in both houses of Parliament earlier this week to finalise approval for the Bill.

Benjamin Cohen, founder of the Out4Marriage campaign, said: “Giving gay couples the right to marry will make our nation a more tolerant, open and welcoming place to live in and significantly increase the life prospects of so many people.

I'm thinking if this is legalised, we can surely start working on Bigamy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10185567/Churches-and-gay-rights-activist-alike-mark-watershed-moment-as-gay-marriage-is-legalised.html

twice (or more) the expense/hassle/earache? no thanks.

sorry, meant Polygamy

sorry, meant Polygamy

haha, thats what i was thinking of too. my comment still stands, twice the hassle!

boom-o.gif 

tumblr_mmss0pLz6R1rpn6xxo1_500.gif

bye-bye-gif.gif

Frank-Ocean-010.jpg

Don't see a problem with polygamy

me personally though can't be dealing with that kinda stress

for it to ever happen in the uk you would need a lot of men to die first

lol at Polygamy.

Headache from 1 woman is enough.

lol at Polygamy.

Headache from 1 woman is enough.

Truss.