The destruction of our society

stacksbranning

Boy_M_1768771a.jpg   Two years ago Arin was a girl called Emerald ...and girlfriend Katie was a boy named Luke Meet the teen sex swap couple

TEENAGERS Arin Andrews and Katie Hill look like any loving young couple posing in their swimwear.

It is hard to believe that just two years ago he was a girl called Emerald and she was a boy called Luke.

Arin, 17, and Katie, 19, have both undergone surgery to change their gender.

Just over a year ago Katie, a university student, had gender reassignment surgery.

Last month Arin, who is still at school, had his breasts removed.

He says: “I hated my breasts, I always felt like they didn’t belong. Now I finally feel comfortable in my own body.

Boy2_1768769a.jpg
Oh boy ... Katie at five, before her gender change
Barcroft Media

“Now when I’m out in a public pool or lifting weights, no one raises an eyebrow. They just think I’m a guy “I can wear a tank top, which I couldn’t before, and I can go swimming shirtless. I can just be a regular guy.

“And I’m so lucky to have my family and Katie to rely on.”

The couple met nearly two years ago at a support group for transgender teenagers. They bonded through their shared experiences.

Video: Teen sex swap couple Arin and Katie

TWO years ago he was a girl called Emerald and she was a boy called Luke

Katie says: “To me, Arin’s just my Arin. He’s always looked manly to me. But now he’s had the surgery he’s much more confident and comfortable with himself.

“Being transgender myself, I understand Arin better than anybody else — how good he feels and how complete he feels.”

The teens now love to go swimming and sunbathing together like other couples.

Both their families are supportive of their relationship and say the way the teenagers, from Tulsa in the US, have supported each other has helped in their transition.

But they have not been so lucky with their peers.

Boy1_1768770a.jpg
Little lady ... Arin at a dance recital when he was four
Barcroft Media

Katie was bullied and Arin had to change schools when he revealed he was transgender.

He says: “I lost one of my best friends through the transition.”

Katie started her degree course last autumn but has struggled to make new friends.

She says: “I had a lot of friends in college that were really close to me. Then, all of a sudden, they just stopped talking to me.

“I think they found out I was trans through gossip and decided it was too much for them.”

It has also been difficult for the teenagers’ families, as they have had to come to terms with losing their son and daughter — and also some of their own friends.

Arin’s mum Denise says: “There are still people we don’t interact with any more. I know they questioned me as a parent.”

It is hard for anyone comfortable with their gender to understand how disturbing it is for young people to feel forced to live in the wrong body, writes Sun Agony Aunt DEIDRE SANDERS.

Of course, parents have to be careful not to jump to conclusions.

But when children seem depressed and talk of feeling they are in the wrong body, parents should not allow their own anxieties to make them dismiss it.

Society has always been f*cked, there has never been a completely fair and just society anywhere

It's hilarious to think otherwise

These bars could have come straight from a shemales mouth. Well done

But even if your point were true, Society being fucked > Society being fucked  +  people getting sex changes on top of that

the destruction of our society is the lack of freedom uk has

we used to be such a free country

nw u cant walk down the street without someone watchin 

cant access the web without someone watchin

ur whole life is documented now 

tht is the destruction nt some betty wantin a d*ck who cares bout tht

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

These bars could have come straight from a shemales mouth. Well done

I'm not hip to what comes out of or goes into a shemales mouth, playr

But even if your point were true

It is

Society being f*cked > Society being f*cked  +  people getting sex changes on top of that

This is a matter of perspective

Eunuchs have existed throughout the ages

Not my bag but not any less true

the destruction of our society is the lack of freedom uk has

we used to be such a free country

nw u cant walk down the street without someone watchin 

cant access the web without someone watchin

ur whole life is documented now 

tht is the destruction nt some betty wantin a d*ck who cares bout tht

You might care a bit more if it was your child though

You're talking about whats happened in history but its not relevant

Many bad things happened and there were many bad societies but we have our own society now  and we dont have to accept something just because it happened before

I don't think anybody has stated this

You took issue with me saying society has always been fucked, which I'm not sure is a concept that can be argued with, it's also probably less fucked than it has been before, but that's debatable 

What is it that people are complaining that has been destroyed?

30 years ago when Blacks and others couldn't walk the streets safely, 50 years before that when women had to die before they could vote? 50 years before that when slavery was only abolished after a lengthy war?

Any time during the last 100 years when multinational corporations gained majority control of the political sphere?

Society, has always been fucked up, and it will always be fucked up, and in truth, people with deep psychological issues voluntarily having their bodies mutilated by surgeons in order to live as the opposite sex is probably the last of our problems