Partners and their friends

PascalMoriarty

Does anyone else's other half have friends that you despise, wrongens, morals that belong in the toilet. The majority of her friends are level headed, focused and have good careers. But this one miscreant, continually makes me plainface. 

Don't see them enough to dislike them.

Nah come on lets be honest about this. If you're out and you come across a group of girls one of whom is acting extremely dodgy. Automatically, you're going to group the others in the same category. The idea that when they're out, people are assuming she's as much of a waste as this particular friend annoys me. She herself mentions how much of a fool this girl is, yet she has some misguided sense of loyalty towards her. 

I refuse to believe that you think the individuals you surround yourself, are incapable of influencing you. What value do they have if they add nothing to your person/life? Whether positive or negative, whether you notice it or not you are influenced by those in your immediate circle. That's not to suggest you don't have a mind of your own, its to say you are human.

• Upvote 1

I cant be f*cking with women who are influenced by their friends

tbf i have to agree that a lot of women are influenced by their friends (men are too). it doesn't have to be in a 'u should leave him' or 'i would never have that' way it can just been in a general conversation about life and experiences. We talk a lot and over time see patterns of relating and situations that have gone on between others. And Maybe at some point compared it to our own shit subconciously or conciously.

I'd like to think tho that when it comes to acting or responding to their own life situation a person has a strong awareness of self.

• Upvote 1

A couple of my ex's friends were questionable and I told her exactly why and she couldn't disagree. I didn't force any action, but over the course of the relationship, time and time again they'd reinforce my theories, until eventually she saw it necessary to oust them herself. 

I always judged her against her friends. Every time I had to judge her friends or their actions I turn to her thinking "Really? These are your people?"

I believe that birds flock together so once upon a time she must have been like them. She'd left some ways behind, just couldn't leave the people. As long as your missus has recognised that, fine. No need to sever contact. We all have people we might have left behind but can't. 

Luckily for me she had her own mind and most of her friends looked up to her, she was definitely the alpha in her circle. I got wind of a few of her friends giving her advice on us when we weren't doing well and a couple times I caught her speaking her friends words. Even her mothers, none of which are intellectually or logically superior to me though so she still got shut down and realized their intervention couldn't reinforce her foolishness.