Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines

Fresh To Death

so on BBC they're saying the spacing between notes, instruments being played, is so similar that they're breaching copyright

that's the fucking groove

its like the first person to make ska being able to sue all those that followed

you have Gaye's family there crying about it saying "I feel free from Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke's chains", nah fuck that, these money grubbing people who care nothing for music

• Upvote 1

Stevie Wonder has commented on the ‘Blurred Lines’ vs ‘Got To Give It Up’ court case. The music legend says the court made the wrong decision.

“I don’t think it’s a steal from Marvin Gaye,” Wonder told TMZ. “I’ve been through lawsuits for songs and all that. I think that the groove is very similar but you have to remember he is a big fan of Marvin Gaye’s so that’s okay. But the song is not like Marvin Gaye’s. It is not the same”.

http://www.noise11.com/news/stevie-wonder-says-blurred-lines-is-nothing-like-got-to-give-it-up-20150313

It appears that the family of the late Marvin Gaye may be coming around for a second go at Pharrell Williams. After winning a lawsuit that states that they’re to receive over $7 million as a result of the claim that “Blurred Lines” sounded like Gaye’s “Got To Give It Up,” the family went on CBS with accusations that Pharrell’s smash hit, “Happy,” is inspired by Gaye’s “Aint That Peculiar.”

The family doesn’t have any plans to pursue legal action, at this time, but they made it clear that they feel the two songs sound similar.

:rofl: