A Gareth Bale Real Madrid

Mame Biram Diouf

Bale.jpg

Where does he play?

What role does he play?

How does his game effect Ronaldo, Isco, Ozil, Benzema etc?

I just don't understand

What you lot reckon his stats for his first season would look like?

----------------Ronaldo-------------------

--Bale----------------------Ozil------------

--------------Isco------------------------

------------------------Modric/Ilra---------

-----------------Alonso-------------------

?

Or does he play wing back?

Like what the fuck

I cant imagine Ronaldos face when Bale is trying to pop off shots from 25 yards every 5 mins :lol:

I actually think Bale will be intimidated and that will kill half of his game.

----------benzema----------

ronaldo----isco----bale---

--------------------------------

------double pivot-----------

ozil will sit on the bench with di maria 

Travesty that Bale plays ahead of Di Maria.

SMH.

Currently, Bale doesn't have the match intelligence to play for Madrid & without the free role, won't flourish.

Not really a travesty cos Bale is better

/

Bale and Ronaldo on the same team though....Will be an episode of You Shoot, I Shoot

Technically, what separates them? Set-pieces? Finishing? In favour of Bale? Otherwise, in terms of other technical qualities needed for inverted forwards i.e. first touch, close control, dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting from distance, Di Maria matches him.

In terms of game intelligence & tactical nous, Di Maria is better than Bale by some distance. His decision-making is superior, he's better at operating in compact spaces, he's able to play better in more positions AND different roles i.e. right & left midfield, central midfield too for Argentina. He's also more of a team-player & has a better work-rate. You can count on him to attack & defend in equal measure which Bale doesn't do, even when he was an out & out winger in the past 2 seasons.

Even as athletes, Bale has only got better acceleration/pace but even then, it's not by a considerable amount. Di Maria is more agile & dexterous in his movement. He's also got a better engine.

Bale is not better than Di Maria.

'Athlete' vs footballer debate round 2

Not even.

But Di Maria is a better player tactically & mentally. This is what makes him superior.

You don't know this 

Lol, if you've watched both players considerably over a period of 3-4 seasons, of course you can come to a conclusion.

Bale is not better than Di Maria.

'Athlete' vs footballer debate round 2

Not even.

But Di Maria is a better player tactically & mentally. This is what makes him superior.

You don't know this 

Lol, if you've watched both players considerably over a period of 3-4 seasons, of course you can come to a conclusion.

I can turn around and say Bale has more determination than Di Maria.  He strives to get better all the time and has improved at a much faster rate. You don't know if Bale is willing to turn into a robot for Madrid.  Tactically Bale can defend and attack equally if he's asked to.  Suggest watching the Utd game in detail for a good example. However, i don't think he's happy to play like that. As for a better engine?  I don't think there's many footballers out there that has a better engine that Bale.  Bale can play anywhere along the front line and can even play LB/LWB LW/RW so not sure how you have come up with that conclusion. Bale is the complete counter attacking winger/forward IMO.  

Whilst you make valid points about Di Maria, there's nothing to suggest Bale will not be doing the same.  He'll be playing a different role. We'll have to wait and see.  Where normally he would try and score from 20-30 yards, he might opt to pass with better players around him. 

Obviously Di Maria has better qualities at certain things.  You could bring up a similar debate with Neymar as well.  Everyone's got their own opinion at the end of the day

Only thing for certain that Di Maria will be on the bench and Bale will be the worlds most expensive player playing in his positions (Bar a f*ck up from Levy)

Claiming he's a more determined player because he's improved at a faster rate is redundant, especially if you're not as a privy to DM's training habits as you are Bale's. When I say he is better tactically & mentally, I'm talking about what he does on the PITCH. Mental traits like team-work, work-rate, decision-making, composure are qualities DM's have demonstrated on a more CONSISTENT level than Bale's. To say that DM's is superior tactically/mentally isn't to dismiss that Bale has tactical & mental qualities. But those qualities are not superior to DM's & they have not been demonstrated at the same frequency.

You're using hypothetical & occasional scenarios i.e. Bale may turn into a 'robot', the United game, 'he might do this, he may do that'. I'm sorry, but if you're going to outright say he's a better player than Di Maria, that isn't good enough. Di Maria HAS done this. He HAS demonstrated the required QUALITIES & more crucially, the required CONSISTENCY from his days at Benfica.