A Gareth Bale Real Madrid

Mame Biram Diouf

Always been a big fan of Bale

Like Harry said, he has been performing at a high level since 2010, but last season he stepped it up something crazy

The price is silly and I do worry for him - but that spanish league is mickey mouse 35% of the time, ask Jose

/

I rate Di Maria, for a while i was even saying Bale isn't better, but Gareth is a match winner, who is prepared to take responsibility - you pay top dollar for those characters

Top dollar as in World Record fees?

you're forgetting when spurs were in the champions league, Bale was pinging pin-point balls into crouch & pav

match winning performances since 2010

we all know he isn't worth the price, but if willian is going for 35m euro's then bale is worth double that

Bale was sensational last season, his performances were far from ordinary

So basically you are saying Di Maria is a sideman?

you're forgetting when spurs were in the champions league, Bale was pinging pin-point balls into crouch & pav

match winning performances since 2010

we all know he isn't worth the price, but if willian is going for 35m euro's then bale is worth double that

Bale was sensational last season, his performances were far from ordinary

I'm don't forget anything when discussing a topic in depth.

He played well in the CL but wasn't doing anything that Di Maria hadn't done for Benfica in Europe.

I rate Di Maria, for a while i was even saying Bale isn't better, but Gareth is a match winner, who is prepared to take responsibility - you pay top dollar for those characters

Bale has no choice but to be.

Di Maria doesn't need to.

That factor doesn't make Bale a better player.

What you're not getting is Di Maria can't be a matchwinner as he is not good enough. lol @ "doesn't need to". Pathetic...If he wasn't needed to be one they wouldn't be preparing to pay top dollar for Bale. Madrid like every team need matchwinners

/

I must say as highly as I rate Bale to think he could be the most expensive player ever is ridiculous

One good game against Inter(the one at WHL)

Did he play against Milan?

But was shut down by Sergio Ramos so easily

Home and Away

Worth double than Willian?

Premiership hype is a lot

Bale had a productive 1st season in the champions league

4 goals 2 asists

he was about 21/22 at the time, very respectable 1st campaign

/

I rated Jadson / Douglas Costa & Willian highly, loved watching them - but they played in the ukraine, doesn't get more mickey mouse than that

Willian is a talent but imo spurs are taking a massive gamble at 30m

only been capped twice for brazil lol better off signing Ganso for 20m

You have to give brendan credit for getting Countinho in at that price, the whole league was asleep apart from Lpool & Southampton

One good game against Inter(the one at WHL)

Did he play against Milan?

But was shut down by Sergio Ramos so easily

Home and Away

Worth double than Willian?

Premiership hype is a lot

Bale had a productive 1st season in the champions league

4 goals 2 asists

he was about 21/22 at the time, very respectable 1st campaign

/

I rated Jadson / Douglas Costa & Willian highly, loved watching them - but they played in the ukraine, doesn't get more mickey mouse than that

Willian is a talent but imo spurs are taking a massive gamble at 30m

only been capped twice for brazil lol better off signing Ganso for 20m

You have to give brendan credit for getting Countinho in at that price, the whole league was asleep apart from Lpool & Southampton

big gamble but he has been one of AVBs main targets from day one, even at chelsea

Hes probably watched him more than most so we have to trust his judgement.

Word before Shakhtar signed Bernard is that AVB wasnt truley convinced by his potential which is why we didnt increase our bid.

I agree with that, hence why I say Xavi is Spains most important player

But to say Di Maria can be but doesn't need to be a match winner is quite silly

Not really, when the Madrid side he played for is quitely obviously built to get the best out of one player which is the case for most teams who do similar things.

When that's the case, of course other players will take a back seat i.e. Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain, etc. I've already posted in the 'Coaches' Corner' thread an article on Madrid's attacking patterns & how they're geared towards CR7's advantage.

Very rarely can a team build a team around one talisman & for his team-mates to shine equally.

Bernard wasn't ready to come here

After his 12min sub appearance for Brazil vs England in that friendly, he told big phil he'd never played in a game of that speed n intensity, he was shocked the poor lad

Needs 2 years of mickey mouse action in the Ukraine before coming to the proper stuff

Not really, when the Madrid side he played for is quitely obviously built to get the best out of one player which is the case for most teams who do similar things.

When that's the case, of course other players will take a back seat i.e. Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain, etc. I've already posted in the 'Coaches' Corner' thread an article on Madrid's attacking patterns & how they're geared towards CR7's advantage.

Very rarely can a team build a team around one talisman & for his team-mates to shine equally.

Regardless of the set up there is always opportunity to step up when it's needed.

ie: Modric against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

When Ronaldo was not creating much Modric came on and done the dance.

That is a top player,  Di Maria just isn't that type of guy, got subbed at half time for Kaka if I remember correctly.

You need more than 1 person who is capable of changing a game on it's head especially when it comes to the big boy competitions, Barca have that and have added another 1 this year.

Real need that type of player to challenge more in Europe.

• Upvote 2

Regardless of the set up there is always opportunity to step up when it's needed.

ie: Modric against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

When Ronaldo was not creating much Modric came on and done the dance.

That is a top player, Di Maria just isn't that type of guy, got subbed at half time for Kaka if I remember correctly.

You need more than 1 person who is capable of changing a game on it's head especially when it comes to the big boy competitions, Barca have that and have added another 1 this year.

Real need that type of player to challenge more in Europe.

Don't mention Kaka(fucking waste of space)

Barca have three big games

Real will still have one even after the WR is broken

It's the tight games

When They have to break teams down that's where The most expensive player will be found out and shown to be the fraud he is

Figo-I understood he was excellent(La Liga/CL/Euros)

Zidane- I understood he was one of the best in world(CL/Euros)

Kaka- I didn't understand and until this day I still don't get it

Cristiano- I fully understood because he was in the top three best players in world(PL/CL)

This one I just don't understand unproven outside England not even the best player in that league

Beckham I understood for marketing purposes

So how many players are you selling us, so we can help fund this Bale deal Porchy?

I would love you lot to take

Varane/Ozil/Di Maria/Benzema

Why Varane?

Wait, why all four?

WR is about to be broken

I want history to repeat itself yet again

Real let Hierro y Morientes(loan) et Makalele and only brought in Beckham

They wasted money on Kaka and let Robben/Sneijder go

Which made the squad so unbalanced it's unreal

IMO Ozil,Benzema y Di Maria shouldn't play second fiddle to an inferior player they deserve better

As for Varane I want him to go somewhere where he will play as a CB

It looks like Pepe is first team again

would actually punch pepe if spotted in real life one of the biggest d*ckheads on earth

no you wont