Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dom dom bullets

Who would you bring back?

25 posts in this topic

Just imagine! Dentist plans to clone former Beatle John Lennon using DNA extracted from rotten tooth

Dr Michael Zuk hopes to team up with scientists who could work out the late singer’s DNA code

A dentist who owns one of John Lennon’s teeth says he plans to extract DNA from the rotten molar in an attempt to clone the former Beatle.

Dr Michael Zuk, who bought the tooth for almost £20,000 in 2011, hopes to team up with scientists who could work out the late singer’s DNA code and help create a full-blown Lennon clone sometime in the future.

Speaking to US website The Examiner, Dr Zuk said: “If scientists think they can clone mammoths, then John Lennon could be next… To potentially say I had a small part in bringing back one of rock's greatest stars would be mind-blowing”.

He added: “I am nervous and excited at the possibility that we will be able to fully sequence John Lennon's DNA, very soon I hope.

Dr Zuk went on to say: “With researchers working on ways to clone mammoths, the same technology certainly could make human cloning a reality”.

Lennon, who was shot dead by New Yorker Mark Chapman in 1980, had originally given the rotten tooth to his housekeeper Dot Jarlett in the 1960s.

Over the following decades, the tooth has been sold numerous times, often being donated to charities and then resold once again into private hands.

Although Dr Zuk has big plans for the tooth’s future, he is currently using it as a prop to promote cancer awareness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/just-imagine-dentist-plans-to-clone-former-beatle-john-lennon-using-dna-extracted-from-rotten-tooth-8780361.html

If you could bring back one famous person, who & why?

Just imagine! Dentist plans to clone former Beatle John Lennon using DNA extracted from rotten tooth

Dr Michael Zuk hopes to team up with scientists who could work out the late singer’s DNA code

A dentist who owns one of John Lennon’s teeth says he plans to extract DNA from the rotten molar in an attempt to clone the former Beatle.

Dr Michael Zuk, who bought the tooth for almost £20,000 in 2011, hopes to team up with scientists who could work out the late singer’s DNA code and help create a full-blown Lennon clone sometime in the future.

Speaking to US website The Examiner, Dr Zuk said: “If scientists think they can clone mammoths, then John Lennon could be next… To potentially say I had a small part in bringing back one of rock's greatest stars would be mind-blowing”.

He added: “I am nervous and excited at the possibility that we will be able to fully sequence John Lennon's DNA, very soon I hope.

Dr Zuk went on to say: “With researchers working on ways to clone mammoths, the same technology certainly could make human cloning a reality”.

Lennon, who was shot dead by New Yorker Mark Chapman in 1980, had originally given the rotten tooth to his housekeeper Dot Jarlett in the 1960s.

Over the following decades, the tooth has been sold numerous times, often being donated to charities and then resold once again into private hands.

Although Dr Zuk has big plans for the tooth’s future, he is currently using it as a prop to promote cancer awareness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/just-imagine-dentist-plans-to-clone-former-beatle-john-lennon-using-dna-extracted-from-rotten-tooth-8780361.html

If you could bring back one famous person, who & why?

Hitler feel he has some unfinished business.

Bob Marley, John Lennon, 2 Pac, Biggie, Big L, Big Pun, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Otis Redding, Garnett Silk, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison adn Aaliyah I think they all had some great songs left in them  

:lol:

No point as you'd only be bringing the person back in physical form, they wouldn't be the same person they were.

Martin Luther King

The youth need it.

Well if its only physical then Dino from H Town and Aaliyah they were beautiful to look at.

Lol, ok let's say they have the same personality traits etc. 

Proceed...

Jesus Christ

Its about time

Martin Luther King

The youth need it.

Reminds me of the Boondocks episode.

Speaking of Boondocks I'm gonna re-download the whole series.

Yitzak Rabin and Yasser Arafat

Good one

you being sarcastic?

No, why would you assume that?

KWAME NKRUMAH

GET THE AU RUNNING IN FULL EFFECT

OBTAIN TECHINAL EXPERTISE FROM EDUCATED EXPATS BROUGHT BACK TO THE MOTHERLAND AND CUT THESE DAEMONS OUT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN

Albert Einstein - Think they still have his brain preserved somewhere. And he was possibly the smartest person that history knows existed. 

I do love Einstein but I would choose Leonardo Da Vinci over Einstein in that department.