The Mesut Ozil Thread

gemma

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp admits he does not know why Real Madrid sold Mesut Ozil to Arsenal.

Klopp and his Dortmund side will now face Arsenal in the upcoming UEFA Champions League group stages.

Klopp has backed the opinion of German coach Joachim Low, who was equally mystified at the decision.

"I do not care which player will play against us in the UEFA Champions League," Klopp said.

"But Mesut is a football grenade. No one really knows why he was sold. Maybe Real Madrid needed the money?"

Klopp added: "Real Madrid chairman Florentino Perez wanted to have Gareth Bale, of course, and he paid 100million Euros.

"Florentino Perez once even bought Hochtief (the German construction company). Maybe he just doesn't know in the mornings what he is about to do with his money when the evening comes."

F*ck sake just been dragged into an argument over Ozil vs Iniesta cause Ozil has better assist and goals ratio :rofl:

I keep seeing the same pic being posted all over Instagram

It's taking the MOST willpower not to say something

Couldn't help myself some of the responses

"Iniesta is in his prime and Özil has 4-5 years to reach his prime and will SMASH his personal stats. The only thing that Iniesta will better Özil is maybe in passing accuracy and completion (just about). Iniesta is to shook to leave Spain and prove how great he is (unlike Özil) so even though he's class I'd rather have Özil than Iniesta all day!

Özil is there to assist and score and he's done better than Iniesta in less time, so that just shows you dun! You can't argue with stats?? Özil is faster, stronger and does his job better for club and country..

Iniesta's won more because of the team he's been involved with and that's why he's shook to leave, he won't be able to do what he can with Barca in another team. We're not talking about what they've won, we're talking about what the do for there clubs and country. Kalou has a Champions League medal but is he better than Gotze..?? COME ON SON!!!!!!!!

One thing that Özil has never done is be apart of a team that lost 7-0 in a CL semi. Iniesta is a SICK player and a legend BUT Özil reached that status ealier/sooner so he's better in my eyes.

For club Iniesta's played in one of the best club teams ever and also one of best National teams ever and if Özil ever took Iniesta's place he would have achieved the same, if not more and still scored and assited more!"

Had to buss a few kl kl's and get out of there.

:lol: @ thizzle

One breh I used to kick ball with posted that pic on insta

I said, so does that mean ozil is better than Iniesta?

He said

"Well look at the stats he's racked up at such a young age in comparison compared to Iniesta. No one can argue with that, facts speak for themselves"

Had to drop a "loooooooooooooooool kl kl" an cruyff turn outta that

Great signing, should've got the #10

Defensively we are better than we were in 2011

Cazorla 

Ozil

Giroud     

vs

Cesc

Nasri

RVP

We have kinda replaced the big three, but our squad is weak, injuries will determine how successful we are

Still think we need a world class striker.... other than that i think we have replaced well (even thou its taken longer than it should have)