Girl wants to abort, guy doesn't- what now?

PascalMoriarty

In a situation where the female is pregnant, and she doesn't feel she's able to keep the child, not ready for the commitment or doesn't feel she's mature enough. But the male, is sure that he would be able to provide, financially emotionally and is generally ready. Should she happen to abort, am I right in thinking that by all accounts will spell the end of said relationship?

You're less of a long term fixture than a child would be. i.e a sideman.

Yes

:/ were you born retarded or seeking a pos?

I'm not even trying to offend you. That's how I would see the situation if I was in it.

If she doesn't look to you to fill the voids she has surrounding motherhood then she mustn't hold your presence in long term, or high regard.

I assumed the former

Yes

:/ were you born retarded or seeking a pos?

I'm not even trying to offend you. That's how I would see the situation if I was in it.

If she doesn't look to you to fill the voids she has surrounding motherhood then she mustn't hold your presence in long term, or high regard.

I assumed the former

You also assumed a hypothetical scenario was orientated on myself directly, which in itself is negligent and naive.

Again your assumption is that the female has indicated this would be the end of the relationship, when in fact its the male in question who is seeking advice from friends (me and others) as to whether he should persevere with the relationship should she happen to abort.

Prior to this little outburst, I considered you one of those who posted with a bit more sense. 

Again your assumption is that the female has indicated this would be the end of the relationship, when in fact its the male in question who is seeking advice from friends (me and others) as to whether he should persevere with the relationship should she happen to abort.

I didn't assume this, you said so in your o/p. If a long term partner of mine wouldn't consider my input into parenthood, I'd make the same assumption in my o/p.

You only gave us a couple sentences of background story, so every reply you've had so far is based on a assumptions.

I get that it's a sensitive issue so I'll fall back.

In a situation where the female is pregnant, and she doesn't feel she's able to keep the child, not ready for the commitment or doesn't feel she's mature enough. But the male, is sure that he would be able to provide, financially emotionally and is generally ready. Should she happen to abort, am I right in thinking that by all accounts will spell the end of said relationship?

How old are they how long they been together?

Yes

Nah I don't agree with this

Maybe she is one of the few tht have their heads screwed on and does not want to have a baby until she is financially,mentally and emotionally ready. Just because you can take care of the baby doesn't mean she should have to have it now

24 and 23 - 18 months

Yes.

They are three very wide ranging issues tbh.

24 and 23 - 18 months

My initial thoughts where she's either selfish or maybe career oriented but 18 months is no time to be having a child with someone imo so I can see where she is coming from now.

I wouldn't say it's over, depends how they both approach the situation, if she's gone behind his back and aborted then that aint the girl for him but if they've spoken in depth, she allows him to be part of it, he supports her through it etc... they can move on no doubt, especially if they are good together.