★★★ Amir Khan Vs. Devon Alexander ★★★

Sinister

Welterweight titlist Devon Alexander, former junior welterweight titlist Amir Khan are in town with their teams, and Schaefer said a deal for them to meet “will get done.” Assuming he’s right, the fight will take place Dec. 7 (Showtime) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., not Dubai, which had been a possibility.

I talked to Alexander (25-1, 14 KOs) and he said he was anxious for the deal to be finalized. Schaefer said he met this week with Alexander adviser Al Haymon as well as Khan (28-3, 19 KOs) and his team and is in the process of working out the particulars.

“What we need to work out is the financial stuff,” Schaefer said. “Devon has the title and feels he deserves the most money. But Khan has the multifight deal with Showtime, so he has the TV date and he thinks he deserves more money. I think it should be a 50-50 split and I will try to get that done.”

Looks like its NY and not Dubai now as he had hoped.

ive said it before, But I dont think Vergil Hunter is the right trainer for khan.

Before he was one of the most exciting offensive fighters out there. Fast, threw combos and was knocking people out with sustained pressure.

Now Vergil, seems to have taken away his best assets to help him with his defence. But at the end of the day he still has a shit chin and will get knocked out fast especially if he is not throwing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Watch Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander Live Stream WBO Showtime Fight on Sportsbun. On Saturday, Dec. 13 welterweight contenders and former world titlists Amir Khan and Devon Alexander will clash in a critical contest in Las Vegas on SHOWTIME. Khan is from Bolton, England, which doesn’t have much in common with Alexander’s hometown of St. Louis.