Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FA23

28 posts in this topic

Honesty pays off for homeless Boston man

_70012670_70012665.jpg
Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories
  • Honesty of lost lotto ticket finder

Donations of more than $110,000 (£67,000) have poured in from across the US for a Boston homeless man who returned a lost bag with $42,000 in it.

Glen James alerted police after he found the backpack containing cash and traveller's cheques last weekend, and the bag's owner was then tracked down.

A complete stranger later started an online fund for Mr James after reading media reports about his honesty.

The man, Ethan Whittington, now plans to meet Mr James to give him the money.

eEthan Whittington, Fund starter

Mr Whittington, who lives in Midlothian, Virginia, said he was so overwhelmed by Mr James' honesty that he decided to start the fund.

"The fact that he's in the situation he is, being homeless, it blew my mind that he would do this,'' Mr Whittington was quoted as saying by the Associated Press.

He said his idea of starting donations on a crowdfunding website for Mr James "caught on like wildfire ever since".

"It's brought me a lot of hope. This isn't only about rewarding a great guy. I think it's a statement to everyone in America.

"If we come together and work toward one thing and work together, then we can make it happen."

Meanwhile, Mr James, a former Boston courthouse employee, said that he would not have kept "even a penny" of the money he had found in the backpack - even if he were desperate.

Have you witnessed a remarkable act of honesty or kindness? You can share your experience using the form below.

What is the most expensive thing you have found & returned or kept?

Who else has had something returned to them?

Lost my wallet at parklife this year, has it handed in with all my money still in it :o

Will definitely be handing anything i find these days.

Lost a phone when I got off at brockey train station

Someone handed it in

Was shocked tbh

Not really lost anything valuable but at this point in my life I'm definitely about handing stuff in, younger years would of been a different story.

I'm definitely about handing stuff in, younger years would of been a different story.

This

I don't think I've found anything of value but if I did I'd hand it in.

I always leave my cash back in the self service at Tesco, couple of times people have handed in £40. 

I was surprised. 

found an iphone5 last week in the cloob - shott that shit 180 next day calm

found an iphone5 last week in the cloob - shott that sh*t 180 next day calm

Says alot bout ur character...

walking down the street see a car with the key hanging out of the passenger door

now im not about that shit but most people know a guy etc

as it happens police station was a few blocks away

nipped in and handed in the keys

Lost my phone and it was out of battery. A guy took it home, charged it up and facebooked a friend of mine that had text me. Good thing I add people's last names in my contacts.

I remember back in school my friend found a £50 note on the ground. Our teacher was with us though and she made her hand it in to reception (pissed). I slyly went back to reception later that day without telling my friend and claimed I lost money in that exact location. Receptionist said I was super lucky :lol:

loooooooool

i wouldda done the same damn thing

John Doe always 'finding' things in the club.

Lost my phone and it was out of battery. A guy took it home, charged it up and facebooked a friend of mine that had text me. Good thing I add people's last names in my contacts.

I remember back in school my friend found a £50 note on the ground. Our teacher was with us though and she made her hand it in to reception (pissed). I slyly went back to reception later that day without telling my friend and claimed I lost money in that exact location. Receptionist said I was super lucky :lol:

lol smooth

what else have i 'found' in the club?

what i dont understand is being question is

why did man have 42 bags ina bag

that don started that fund raiser as a decoy to get the attention off of him, hes not stupid.

what else have i 'found' in the club?

sw305w.jpg

i didnt find that i took that as outlined in the same post you got that pic from 

try again

:/

John slow strikes again

That's y the 'finding' had quote marks u slow mug

Didnt get it from ur failed post....google John Doe vip2 and that comes up in images.

if i couldnt care less about saying i grabbed a bottle why would i give a fuck about what fuckboys like urself think if i grabbed someones phone 

please try again