Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mic Man

Kids vs Success

39 posts in this topic

It's something that has been playing on my mind for a while now. Im 27 & progressing along well in my career and have a few outside ventures which I hope long term will take me up into the upper echelons.

Obviously im at that age where my friends are having children & I just see their priorities change. People that were once as ambitious as me have had to slow their progression & think to myself that I've got too much living to do & wouldn't want kids to hold me back

However I talking to one of my african friends and he was saying back home people would pity you if you had millions but no children & family to share with. He feels that he is happier and richer than he could ever be with millions in my bank.

Personally I don't believe that but maybe that's the selfishness in me coming out.

Thoughts?

its wen ur old n look back would u regret it 

i wouldnt honestly.....although u never kno wots going to happen in a year 

'There are people so poor, that the only thing they have is their money' 

ehhh dnt make sense 

if u gt money u can buy babies, woman everything 

money over everything 

It depends on what you mean by success tbh.

I personally am not looking to have kids till either me or the future wife is financially comfortable tbh.

Your success will help your kids when u decide to have them anyways

It depends on what you mean by success tbh.

I personally am not looking to have kids till either me or the future wife is financially comfortable tbh.

Your success will help your kids when u decide to have them anyways

!!!

Children shouldnt stop your hunger for financial success if anything they should give you that extra push you need. Obviously having kids makes thing a little bit difficult ie studying, working late etc but its never impossible.

There's no reason why you can't have both

But happiness long term for me is a healthy and happy family

Children shouldnt stop your hunger for financial success if anything they should give you that extra push you need. Obviously having kids makes thing a little bit difficult ie studying, working late etc but its never impossible.

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that  its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

No reason why you can't have both but there definitely is an easier way to accomplish both, I've seen my mum do it the hard way and it put me off, my mum advised me and my sisters to live our lives 1st before bringing children in the world.

I don't just want a family, I want children who can excel, my cousin my age had 2 kids young and you can already see they won't be children who will go to Harrow or Harvard.

For some people that doesn't matter and fair play to them, for me I can't be a success if my children won't be.

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that  its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

you two are only saying this because you are now two young unmarried babymums 

youre doing it wrong 

supposed to have the drive to be comfortable in life not have the kid then have the drive 

people to quick to have children 

well thats your opinion and I got with a baller.

well thats your opinion and I got with a baller.

and with this statement it has summed u up even more 

and u were the same girl that was advocating coitus interruptus as an effective contraception - these are some of the women of today

thank you for the summary, I can only speak on my own experience, that mode of pregnancy prevention worked for over two years. My child was planned.

this, never understood when people think its one or the other

but can't be naive to think your lifestyle will remain the same when u have kids

your less risk taking and with kids u would rather take safe bets 

It's not one or the other brother, both very much achievable. However, it's easier to get success than have kids, than the other way around.

Don't let external forces influence you or feel you need to buck the trend. Way too many of our generation have children way too early.

you gotta put your kids before everything else in your life

so if you have goals or certain things u wanna acheive you better do that shit first or you might not get a chance

thats the way i see it

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

youre doing it wrong

supposed to have the drive to be comfortable in life not have the kid then have the drive

So being the "unmarried baby mum" that I am does that not mean I have a better understanding?

Furthermore don't try and tell me what I am doing right or wrong seen as you don't actually know me.

Facety.

But happiness long term for me is a healthy and happy family

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

youre doing it wrong

So being the "unmarried baby mum" that I am does that not mean I have a better understanding?

Furthermore don't try and tell me what I am doing right or wrong seen as you don't actually know me.

Facety.

im sorry i was half trolling there 

forgive me

You need to lay the foundations before you start bringing children into this world

Your children need to have a better start than you did in life to stand a chance in this world

Never realised j lovely popped a sprog. Congrats

aww Jay waaaat ur in the motherhood club too, wow amazing

:/ I swear I only knew she was having a child was when you two were talking about being pregnant in that thread when you announced you had a bun in the oven #Layoftheherb

you gotta put your kids before everything else in your life

so if you have goals or certain things u wanna acheive you better do that sh*t first or you might not get a chance

thats the way i see it

That's the winning line there my brother.

The memo a lot of parents didn't get.