Kids vs Success

Mic Man

It's something that has been playing on my mind for a while now. Im 27 & progressing along well in my career and have a few outside ventures which I hope long term will take me up into the upper echelons.

Obviously im at that age where my friends are having children & I just see their priorities change. People that were once as ambitious as me have had to slow their progression & think to myself that I've got too much living to do & wouldn't want kids to hold me back

However I talking to one of my african friends and he was saying back home people would pity you if you had millions but no children & family to share with. He feels that he is happier and richer than he could ever be with millions in my bank.

Personally I don't believe that but maybe that's the selfishness in me coming out.

Thoughts?

Children shouldnt stop your hunger for financial success if anything they should give you that extra push you need. Obviously having kids makes thing a little bit difficult ie studying, working late etc but its never impossible.

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that  its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

No reason why you can't have both but there definitely is an easier way to accomplish both, I've seen my mum do it the hard way and it put me off, my mum advised me and my sisters to live our lives 1st before bringing children in the world.

I don't just want a family, I want children who can excel, my cousin my age had 2 kids young and you can already see they won't be children who will go to Harrow or Harvard.

For some people that doesn't matter and fair play to them, for me I can't be a success if my children won't be.

Children shouldnt stop your hunger for financial success if anything they should give you that extra push you need. Obviously having kids makes thing a little bit difficult ie studying, working late etc but its never impossible.

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that  its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

you two are only saying this because you are now two young unmarried babymums 

youre doing it wrong 

supposed to have the drive to be comfortable in life not have the kid then have the drive 

people to quick to have children 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

youre doing it wrong

supposed to have the drive to be comfortable in life not have the kid then have the drive

So being the "unmarried baby mum" that I am does that not mean I have a better understanding?

Furthermore don't try and tell me what I am doing right or wrong seen as you don't actually know me.

Facety.

• Upvote 3

defo, was content with making money for myself before so that I could just wear nice clothes, eat nice food and handle the bills. Since Selah I have this new drive that's inspired me to be organized so that I can operate at an optimal level. I was too laid back before, although I feel that its more relevant to the unique person in terms of what it takes to alight that inherent motivation.

youre doing it wrong

So being the "unmarried baby mum" that I am does that not mean I have a better understanding?

Furthermore don't try and tell me what I am doing right or wrong seen as you don't actually know me.

Facety.

im sorry i was half trolling there 

forgive me

you gotta put your kids before everything else in your life

so if you have goals or certain things u wanna acheive you better do that sh*t first or you might not get a chance

thats the way i see it

That's the winning line there my brother.

The memo a lot of parents didn't get.