How does this

I was watching 'why did I get married too' couple nights back (which is a poor film) Janet Jackson and her partner are going through a divorce and there's a scene where the husband is drinking straight vodka, grabbing her up and burnt their dead sons photo album.

Made me think the same, how can a couple just turn so venomous towards each other?

I do think resentment plays a massive part.

People get married for the wrong reasons, being in love doesn't mean you need to marry straight away. Learn each other, grow together and when its feels natural do it.

(J that film was so random, swear he gets killed in the end out of the blue?)

Yeah he did, proper random film.

People stop caring, don't put the effort in, stop trying..people start to feel they're being taken for granted. Also our generation is quick to throw something away rather than spend the time to fix it, if the marriage hits a rough patch people are quick to bail rather than give it their all to get it working again.

But C/S everything that’s been said so far, everyone is spot on.

I was watching 'why did I get married too' couple nights back (which is a poor film) Janet Jackson and her partner are going through a divorce and there's a scene where the husband is drinking straight vodka, grabbing her up and burnt their dead sons photo album.

Made me think the same, how can a couple just turn so venomous towards each other?

I do think resentment plays a massive part.

Though it was a good film 

I defo agree with getting to know each other properly. 

Marriage aint all a bed of roses like we all like to want to believe.  

Sometimes its just a lotto and A LOT of tolerance. 

my pops told me he courted my marge for 7 years before they tied the knot. That is a lot of time to be with a partner before deciding to get married. 

Then again my partner was with her ex for 7 years all engaged and  what not until they broke up. They weren't right for each other. I am definitely not waiting 7 years to get to know partner. 

My point is You really don't know what to expect from your partner until you are married, kids or start living together. 

Don't want t sound all religious but you just have to leave it in Gods hands and hope for the best. 

I know alot of young couples of our generation considering divorce right now. 

• Upvote 1

Quite simple really , people are getting married way too fast and for the wrong reasons,mainly  because every one else is doing it ...Also some people just fall in love way too quickly .

Correct me if im mistaken but isn't the divorce rate the highest in the white community than any other community ? . From what ive seen people in the white community fall in love after like two weeks and shit .

• Downvote 1

The joke ting is stacks is only 1/4 black lol what a clown

:/

Im a 100 percenter mate .

/

I weren't being racist btw but come on whites generally love faster than any other race, and they have the highest divorce rate .

Coincidence ?

You telling me you aint had a dave  or emily on facebook posting about their week long relationship saying " i love you baby,you are my everything,you are the best thing to ever happen to me xxxx" SMH

/

I weren't being racist btw but come on whites generally love faster than any other race, and they have the highest divorce rate .

Coincidence ?

You telling me you aint had a dave  or emily on facebook posting about their week long relationship saying " i love you baby,you are my everything,you are the best thing to ever happen to me xxxx" SMH

I actually agree, however this ain't the discussion.

Same way tho people get married too son

People leave it too long... All with there partner not living together for years and years get married and are like fuck I can't live with this person.

/

Coincidence ?

I actually agree, however this ain't the discussion.

its part of the problem aint it ?

People falling in love way too quickly

from personal experience, we grew into completely different people with different aspirations in life, u should deffo make sure youve grown and know yourself before making such commitment.

You got married young I swear, was it cos you had a child?

I know a girl getting married cos she is pregnant and she has only been with the guy for a year, my whole family think it's a disaster.

Did she really change when you look back?