New Career

PopT

I have really had enough of working in a office I cant explain how draining it has become.

I really want to embark on a new adventure, at present I am thinking of starting my own business (like every other Tom, d*ck and Harry)

But for the mean while can someone advise me on some lucrative careers which career path does not require  having a BA in that subject

• Upvote 2

I've recently come out of an office job after working full time office jobs for around 7 years.

I get what people are saying about working for yourselves. But office working can be peak.

If you've got a sociopathic manager or one c*nt in your team, it'll ruin the office just like that. If it's all lads and banter then yeah it's a different story, but it can easily not be.

Working a 9-5 can be soul destroying if you're in the wrong environment.

You find your work so unstimulating and not challenging, that you reward yourself by spending all of the P that you earned. And surprise surprise, to get that P back, you just need to go into that office that you hate and work another 37.5 hours. You're enslaved by work.

Anyone looking to setup their own business I would advise the following:

1. Spend as little of the money that you are earning from full time work for at least 3 months. Make sure you've got enough to cover the bills if you sack work off

2. Before you sack work off, have a plan. Don't just sack it off and aimlessly bum around.

3. Whatever you are intending on doing, look into it thoroughly and speak to people that have done something similar (business wise) before, so you get a feel for it.

Edit: I've recently gone it alone (Software development contracting) feel free to ask questions and that.

• Upvote 1

My usual day of work involves me waking up, checking the calls I have for the day on my work phone, then deciding on what time I leave to get the calls done. Unlike an office environment where you know you'll leave at 5, if I'm stuck on a job, I pretty much stay on site until its done.

I've recently come out of an office job after working full time office jobs for around 7 years.

I get what people are saying about working for yourselves. But office working can be peak.

If you've got a sociopathic manager or one c*nt in your team, it'll ruin the office just like that. If it's all lads and banter then yeah it's a different story, but it can easily not be.

Working a 9-5 can be soul destroying if you're in the wrong environment.

You find your work so unstimulating and not challenging, that you reward yourself by spending all of the P that you earned. And surprise surprise, to get that P back, you just need to go into that office that you hate and work another 37.5 hours. You're enslaved by work.

Anyone looking to setup their own business I would advise the following:

1. Spend as little of the money that you are earning from full time work for at least 3 months. Make sure you've got enough to cover the bills if you sack work off

2. Before you sack work off, have a plan. Don't just sack it off and aimlessly bum around.

3. Whatever you are intending on doing, look into it thoroughly and speak to people that have done something similar (business wise) before, so you get a feel for it.

Edit: I've recently gone it alone (Software development contracting) feel free to ask questions and that.

100% agreed, when I was lower up the food chain, had a nice location in the office, mad banter with my team and my manager was sat next to me. Top geezer, could go for a pint after work with him and he was mad relaxed cos he knew you'd put in a shift or help him out when he needed it.

The further up you get, the more you realise just how arrogant, selfish and cuntish pricks some of these guys are. Mad thing is most of them don't even know what they're doing, but they got friends in all the right places.