How much do you earn?

PopT

£39,950; equates to circa £2,011 per Month gross (that's including all my perks, pension, company schemes etc.)

Some of the figures I'm seeing in this topic per Month based on the salary figures have to be net or you man ain't paying any tax.

Still remember when I started my job, got a nice £1,000 starting bonus and then saw the tax  :angry:

Fuck the government, each Month is pain when I see the deductions.

• Upvote 1

£39,950; equates to circa £2,011 per Month gross (that's including all my perks, pension, company schemes etc.)

Some of the figures I'm seeing in this topic per Month based on the salary figures have to be net or you man ain't paying any tax.

Still remember when I started my job, got a nice £1,000 starting bonus and then saw the tax  :angry:

f*ck the government, each Month is pain when I see the deductions.

At that Sal your gross should be well in excess of 3k pm

there are some things to analyze with a company pension

how long do you have to pay in/stay at the company before you can take it out

then of course you have to wonder why your company matches it 3x, think about who manages the pension fund, evaluate the chances of some captain planet style plank losing all of it within that period of time

lol @ pension

how old are you?

Can never start that sh*t too early.
Lol @ not paying into a pension.

The way things are going there won't be a state pension to fall back on in 50 yrs.

My mum used to say this to me all the time. Feels good to know I've got one.

lol @ pension

how old are you?

Agreed.

Plan to save enough for a property to rent; that's the pension when I grow old, this'll just be another pot. In my line of work everything's about spreading your risk, there's nothing worng with having an OK pension, but don't ever think you can depend on it; you have to have other things on the side in case of a rainy day.

there are some things to analyze with a company pension

then of course you have to wonder why your company matches it 3x, think about who manages the pension fund, evaluate the chances of some captain planet style plank losing all of it within that period of time

Agree with most of that; took me a while to get my head round all the different funds and risk levels

My company match it 1 for 1 for most employees, 2x for managers and 3x or higher for my level...

lol @ pension

how old are you?

Agreed.

Plan to save enough for a property to rent; that's the pension when I grow old, this'll just be another pot. In my line of work everything's about spreading your risk, there's nothing worng with having an OK pension, but don't ever think you can depend on it; you have to have other things on the side in case of a rainy day.

>there are some things to analyze with a company pension

Agree with most of that; took me a while to get my head round all the different funds and risk levels

My company match it 1 for 1 for most employees, 2x for managers and 3x or higher for my level...

if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Like I said this career ting aint for me, it was a straight opt out at first opportunity kinda thing 

for me it some defeatist mentality to have a pension like to say you are deffo going to be working till your 67 or whatever on some mundane wage, thats potentially 40/50 years for most people here! madness 

All the while my efforts are just lining up the pockets of some greedy pompus motherfuckers up the food chain, I just cant live with that shit

Me personally I cant even see past 5 years in the game let alone a time longer than I have been alive but thats just me, guess I am short sighted and slightly naive

oh well I guess ill find out in 40 years time if that really is the case lol 

Like I said this career ting aint for me, it was a straight opt out at first opportunity kinda thing 

for me it some defeatist mentality to have a pension like to say you are deffo going to be working till your 67 or whatever on some mundane wage, thats potentially 40/50 years for most people here! madness 

All the while my efforts are just lining up the pockets of some greedy pompus motherf*ckers up the food chain, I just cant live with that sh*t

Me personally I cant even see past 5 years in the game let alone a time longer than I have been alive but thats just me, guess I am short sighted and slightly naive

I feel what you're saying, but you could live a wild life, earn that money and still have nothing when you're 67. Everything we do on a daily basis is putting paper in peoples pocket further up the food chain. You have that mentality then you might as well live like a hippy and not own anything and be a traveller.

if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Commercial Management - basically contract law, liaising with legal, financial strategy, risk and when shit hits the fan in the company, they turn to you and expect you to sort the shit out.

Stressful, but pays the bills.

• Upvote 2

All the while my efforts are just lining up the pockets of some greedy pompus motherf*ckers up the food chain, I just cant live with that sh*t

I feel what you're saying, but you could live a wild life, earn that money and still have nothing when you're 67. Everything we do on a daily basis is putting paper in peoples pocket further up the food chain. You have that mentality then you might as well live like a hippy and not own anything and be a traveller.

Nah he aint talking about the total grand scheme of things like ur putting it, setting up ur own shop is even the most logical and less riskiest thing u could do

ironically i did and failed lol, would/will do it again

Nah he aint talking about the total grand scheme of things like ur putting it, setting up ur own shop is even the most logical and less riskiest thing u could do

ironically i did and failed lol, would/will do it again

Ye exactly

Basically If Im gonna bust my ass on a daily basis, I would prefer that I reap all the benefit, not slave master getting 95% and giving me a minute share which turns out to be my salary.....when you look at it, its disproportional and unfair. I wouldnt be as salty if I felt that I got my fair share 

but alas, the only way it will work out the way you want it, is when you do things for yourself. so be it....

good thanks for asking. expanding that amongst other ideas into a workshop course where we teach people how to make and preserve products for themselves. and its non profit program  too so im not just in it for the coin, its a product i find really beneficial.

• Upvote 3

good thanks for asking. expanding that amongst other ideas into a workshop course where we teach people how to make and preserve products for themselves. and its non profit program too so im not just in it for the coin, its a product i find really beneficial.

Pm details. My girl loves that natural product stuff.