plastic brits for england ?

Pro

_70364956_jack_wilshere_england_getty.jp
English people for England - Wilshere  

9 October 2013 Updated 08:10

Only English people should play football for England, says midfielder Jack Wilshere.

Manchester United teenager Adnan Januzaj could play for England if he passes Fifa's five-year residency requirement, as he is yet to commit to another country.

Januzaj is eligible for selection by Belgium, Serbia, Albania and Turkey.

"If you live in England for five years it doesn't make you English," Arsenal's Wilshere, 21, said.

"If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I'm not going to play for Spain."

England boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed he has been monitoring 18-year-old midfielder Januzaj.

Wilshere said: "We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that.

"The only people who should play for England are English people."

Liverpool's Raheem Sterling, born in Jamaica, and Wilfried Zaha of Manchester United, born in Ivory Coast, are part of the England under-21 set-up along with West Brom's Saido Berahino, who left war-torn Burundi as a 10-year-old.

"It's a difficult one," said England Under-21 coach Gareth Southgate. "He (Januzaj) has not played for anyone else.

"We have lots of boys in our squad who were not born here, whose families have fled here.

"There are some wonderful stories and they are all incredibly proud to play for England.

"I'm torn with it. The world is changing. People move and work abroad. It is important to know why someone wants to play for you."

SMH

I agree that Januzaj shouldn't play for England but smh at this comment

"We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that.

Much better teams have adopted foreign players

Half the France squad at any given time, Spain with Senna, Germany with Asamoah and Cacau etc

What i don't get is how this isn't a big issue in athletics but it's a different story for football

The English football media is a next thing

Klose's dad has a German passport and was living there from 8.

Gundogan born in Germany.

Welbeck born in Manchester, Zaha in the country since he was 4.

Barnes was before my time but these others you're chatting sh*t pal.

There's a reason why  they are named ilkay and miroslav rather than  jann and stefan  .

They are turkish and polish

• Upvote 2

"We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

gotta c/s this

and hes right here too,

why the team is so shit and half the youngers are shit too, and also why he's prob going to pick up a serious injury a season

• Downvote 2

gotta c/s this

and hes right here too,

why the team is so sh*t and half the youngers are sh*t too, and also why he's prob going to pick up a serious injury a season

:rofl: :rofl: 

I absolutely hate this mentality from a footballing pov  .

I guess the thing is that Adnan isn't a product of England football. He came here 2011 from Anderlecht.

Zidane was born in France...

Was aimed more at what Stacks was getting at

I know that but it doesn't make it right ...Seeing man as dark as a million midnights going on like they are english,when they are clearly not  is selling out  , where does this stop ?..

1. .@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?

2. @KP24 With all due respect Mr Pietersen the question was about Football! Cricket, cycling, Athletics is not my field!

.@JackWilshere same difference.. It's about representing your country! IN ANY SPORT!

This was the worst part about the whole thing, he tries so hard to speak for the English fans with that prehistoric mentality so he can be held up as the saviour of 'propa' English football. 

Them fans who think that tactics are a waste of time and that passion, pride in the shirt and commitment will win you the world cup  - 'Our Jack, proper English lad he is. Goes in hard in the tackle dunt he. Told them foreigners to do one dint he'.

He comes across like a d*ckhead and when you consider where he got his footballing education it's baffling.

Funniest thing is he's one of the biggest pansies going didn't he go off at halftime with a cold once?

Stacks you do realize that being born in a country makes you from that country right?

You was born in England wasn't you fella?

I know it's a touchy subject but were all adults we can talk.

Not a touchy subject atall as you said we are all adults

And yes If you are not an ethnic minority then  you would think that.

In general i never hear ethnics who are born here say they are english, .

/

Listen to this guys stiff accent .  Hes really tryna tell people hes english SMH . joker