Tips to save money Thread

Eskay Jones

Maybe we can all share advice on how to save money I know for sure im awful at trying to save so i really need to change

Thinking of ISA accounts but know anything about them whats the benefits?

Ive created a spreadsheet for all outgoing bills every month I think this has been the most important step in managing money I can pre determine how much i am going to need each month, in the past i would just not bother in bills etc that would leave me to spend more money after or even before my bills were paid.

I have 2 spreadsheets I use. One for working out necessary spending and savings, and one that one for my weekly expenditure. Even if I have more than enough, I limit myself to £80 a week. I cook a lot and prepare bagels for work. Fortunate enough that I get free lunch at work although sometimes its shit.

Decent Fred idea

After my holiday next week I plan on spending fuck all til Xmas time

Food shopping is the one we can pull our collective knowledge together for

Was gona look into buying meats n staple foods from that musclefoods til toney said asda is cheaper

Other than meats I think Aldi is the cheapest for veg n the rest not in bulk?

I need a new iPhone, 4s or above, duno where's cheapest is any1 clued up?

N is giffgaff still the cheapest sim deal? 12 quid unlimited data, texts n 250 minutes

Dont smoke , Don't Drink. 

Last 4 months I have made my own munch to work.  Its actually sick when you get into a routine.  

1.Basmati Rice, black beans & chicken korma,

2.Roasted potato wedges, roast plantain, Mixed Moroccan vegetables &s auce

3. noodles, Mixed corn vegetable with Boiled plantain.

4.Boiled Potato, sweet potato, Roasted chicken, Gravy  & pees. 

5. Fuits

Experiment with different menus every week

Asda & local cash & carry.

All that cost me £15 odd for the week.  Not even about the cost alone but just eating organic quality food > ______

I have cut out fizzy drinks years ago and cut down on the assorted juices. Mostly water which I leave in the fridge at work.

Sim only's the way to go on the phone side of things

Workout gym - Easy gym got decent rates £18

Taylor your own package, Call hotels if you have to . You will be surprised at how some rates differ to the packages .

EE home internet - Gives orange wednesdays (cinema heads)

I still find it difficult to save sometimes though . But friends could be a big influence too. Need to cut certain man out of your life. Some peeps aint in touch with reality