Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rippy

Laser Eye Surgery

18 posts in this topic

Who has had it done?

How much did it cost? How much should I expect to pay?

I'm gonna be away for a while from January and buying up contacts is becoming inconvenient.

I always hear about people getting vouchers for Optical Express, and my friend said her friend bargained with her clinic and got it done to something like £300 per eye :o

Apparently bargaining is common?

Went to a consultation, told me to come  back in a year and hopefully my eyesight has stopped getting worse and if it has reached a consistent level they will do it

Cant remember the price

Know few people have done it and no problems, but there is always that one person who didnt think it would be them

I got it done

Cost me bout £3,500

Best descision of my life tbh

That is a bit out of my price range.

I won't go to some cheap clinic, but I seen optical express do 750 per eye. I guess maybe prices have fallen since you had yours done.

I will definitely be having it done at xmas.

Yeah ill be getting this done at some point for sure.

Is there any negative long term effects i.e. 40 years down the line???

My friend who had it done said the price can depend on the how bad your eyes are

I know 2 people who got it and said the same thing as 8ball

Got it done about a year and a half ago

The procedure I got was the most accurate, least chance of anything going wrong and best possible improvement, hence the price

Personally I didn't want go risk anything going wrong so I opted for the premium service

The following morning I woke up n could see everything crystal clear. Was fucking nuts. Recovery takes around a week. They give you goggles to wear at night for a week so you dont touch your eyes as its still healing.

For a 15minute procedure that changed my life immensely I couldnt recommend it enough

Also once you reach 40/50 everyones eyes deteriorate anyway so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

had it done, the cost depends on how bad your eyes are

had my done at optical express, couldnt sleep properly the night I had it done, as it feels like grit in your eyes, but as 8ball said when you wake up an you can see clear >>>>>

however, one of my eyes I couldnt see out of properly, so had to go up the next day and they had to re-open the lense, an was fine by the following day

20/20 vision gang

fuckk

thats a lot of money 

id rather jus wear lens

f*ckk

thats a lot of money 

id rather jus wear lens

Who has had it done?

How much did it cost? How much should I expect to pay?

I'm gonna be away for a while from January and buying up contacts is becoming inconvenient.

I always hear about people getting vouchers for Optical Express, and my friend said her friend bargained with her clinic and got it done to something like £300 per eye :o

Apparently bargaining is common?

Depending on where you're going it could be cheaper to get it done abroad

Actually  fuck that, can't be cutting corners when it comes to your eyes

My mate got it done, she described the process and I almost started crying.

Retina Cutting and Laser Beams and eyes held open with clamps, not my sort of thing.

She too said it was the best decision of her life though, got to see the world as we do for the first time, what a unique experience

15 years down the line you would have spent the same on contact lenses and frames.

My prescription is quite bad (-4) so when I have neither glasses or contacts quickly at hand (early mornings/ late evenings), it's v. annoying. 

I'll book a consultation anyway and see what they say. Hopefully I can get it done straight into the new year.

Yeah 3, 500 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Retina Cutting and Laser Beams and eyes held open with clamps, not my sort of thing.

She too said it was the best decision of her life though, got to see the world as we do for the first time, what a unique experience

Reading that just have me a horrible feeling in my belly

Thank god for good eyesight

lol the laser beam is fucked...the noise alone is a madness reminds me of a James Bond film, and they try tell you not to flinch, pretty impossible.

but there is no pain at all, just an awkward feeling later, but they goes by the next day