Laser Eye Surgery

Rippy

Who has had it done?

How much did it cost? How much should I expect to pay?

I'm gonna be away for a while from January and buying up contacts is becoming inconvenient.

I always hear about people getting vouchers for Optical Express, and my friend said her friend bargained with her clinic and got it done to something like £300 per eye :o

Apparently bargaining is common?

Got it done about a year and a half ago

The procedure I got was the most accurate, least chance of anything going wrong and best possible improvement, hence the price

Personally I didn't want go risk anything going wrong so I opted for the premium service

The following morning I woke up n could see everything crystal clear. Was fucking nuts. Recovery takes around a week. They give you goggles to wear at night for a week so you dont touch your eyes as its still healing.

For a 15minute procedure that changed my life immensely I couldnt recommend it enough

Also once you reach 40/50 everyones eyes deteriorate anyway so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

had it done, the cost depends on how bad your eyes are

had my done at optical express, couldnt sleep properly the night I had it done, as it feels like grit in your eyes, but as 8ball said when you wake up an you can see clear >>>>>

however, one of my eyes I couldnt see out of properly, so had to go up the next day and they had to re-open the lense, an was fine by the following day

20/20 vision gang

Who has had it done?

How much did it cost? How much should I expect to pay?

I'm gonna be away for a while from January and buying up contacts is becoming inconvenient.

I always hear about people getting vouchers for Optical Express, and my friend said her friend bargained with her clinic and got it done to something like £300 per eye :o

Apparently bargaining is common?

Depending on where you're going it could be cheaper to get it done abroad

Actually  fuck that, can't be cutting corners when it comes to your eyes

My mate got it done, she described the process and I almost started crying.

Retina Cutting and Laser Beams and eyes held open with clamps, not my sort of thing.

She too said it was the best decision of her life though, got to see the world as we do for the first time, what a unique experience

15 years down the line you would have spent the same on contact lenses and frames.

My prescription is quite bad (-4) so when I have neither glasses or contacts quickly at hand (early mornings/ late evenings), it's v. annoying. 

I'll book a consultation anyway and see what they say. Hopefully I can get it done straight into the new year.

Retina Cutting and Laser Beams and eyes held open with clamps, not my sort of thing.

She too said it was the best decision of her life though, got to see the world as we do for the first time, what a unique experience

Reading that just have me a horrible feeling in my belly

Thank god for good eyesight

lol the laser beam is fucked...the noise alone is a madness reminds me of a James Bond film, and they try tell you not to flinch, pretty impossible.

but there is no pain at all, just an awkward feeling later, but they goes by the next day