Will electronic dance music ever die from the mainstream?

seven

Its becoming too much

all the mainstream pop songs are all dance orientated

remember back in the days when pop music wasnt half as shit as it is now

its ridiculous

even the formula of nigga rapping like a prick with the dance beat/chrous

its fucking annoying

that new dizzee rascal song get MAD PLAYS

no wonder mandem want to jump on the wagon

I actually kinda like "Talk Dirty" the song, and historically Derulo has sucked ass.

He's been the literal definition of someone who sucks ass but people can change, look at Don Biebz. I sneak in his tracks among playlists I play for people and they don't even realize, he actually makes some okay music now

Guest Chelsea Jack

I hope it does . Actually i pray it does . Cant remember the last time i listened to radio or watched a music channel and played it for more than 10 minutes

white man to blame?

• Upvote 1

Its where the money is as it appeals globaly

Worst thing is that your fav producer is prob making it right now

I actually kinda like "Talk Dirty" the song, and historically Derulo has sucked ass.

He's been the literal definition of someone who sucks ass but people can change, look at Don Biebz. I sneak in his tracks among playlists I play for people and they don't even realize, he actually makes some okay music now

yh justin biebers got some nice music out at the mo. Wasnt quite sure of the one the craig david sample at 1st

We've basically reached a point where too much R&B ,Rap, pop and dance music has basically all been mulched together so everything sounds similar.

Got dragged Yates on Friday for a drink and the music all basically sounded the same.

But this is a problem with the vast majority of mainstream music it needs to appeal to everyone so ends up getting scrubbed of any personality. There is plenty of good music out there. I'm usually on Spotify during the day and have plenty of quality playlists of music.

I like that derelict song too.

That's not dance though.

We've basically reached a point where too much R&B ,Rap, pop and dance music has basically all been mulched together so everything sounds similar.

yep, in the last 20years we've seen hip-hop become absorbed into pop and electronic music has followed. the result is labels churning out a product that's entirely formulaic and solely designed to be saleable.

u could argue mainstream music has been on this path for years tho, almost everything has been 4/4 for decades

the internet has also played a big part in making subcultures & local scenes go global... i doubt you could have something like the grime scene of 10yrs ago grow today

there's still decent enough popular music out there and good music being made, just don't expect to find it on MTV