Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supermalt

Lily Allen Vid: Racist or Got a point

90 posts in this topic

Right, I only watched half of the vid, so if there is some out and out racism in the second half of the vid, forgive me.

But I think she has a point. Like I said the edm thread yest, I think pop RnB music has now got to the point where it's so generic, boring and predictable. Ass. Tak about ass. Put ass in the video.

Even ex Disney stars are on twerking now?

I think she's right to take a stab at all the boring music out there.

What's race got to do with this?

A point with regards to the concept. Yes obviously.

Not about race and I think its silly to detract from the real point of her video which is completely obvious

If there's one thing i got from that video is....Lily Allen is quite shit init lol

Thought she retired

if this is a start of the movement to make more thoughtful mainstream music im all for it

if this is a start of the movement to make more thoughtful mainstream music im all for it

When the music sounds like that ?

firstly, what's racist about it? cos the dancers are black?

second, i think the song is deliberately shit, isn't that the whole point of it?

if the song was making a point, isn't the point lost by having the dancers?

when you boil it down she is attacking west african culture and black american culture subtely

twerking and booty shaking has its roots in africa no ?

its west african culture to love a woman with a massive arse and to objectify these women - think daggering etc 

Essentially the entire culture isi over sexualised but this is a racial quirk , in the same= way saudi culture is repressed

I dont know why lily allen thinks she can attack it given she has used the same culture to get to become celebrity.. shes a hypocrite

her first album called 'alright still' blew her up (off the back of negro culture) and then she abandoned it for high society white pop culture after the urban credibility had already been conferred - think gaga pink cher lloyd . Female elvises/eminems who couldnt give a damn about blacks or their culture.

Think shes talking about men in general tbh . But you could say shes taking "shots" at hip hop culture . Also afgoon daggering and twerking is  in no way shape or form part of west african culture  and neither is objectifying women

Think shes talking about men in general tbh . But you could say shes taking "shots" at hip hop culture . Also afgoon daggering and twerking is in no way shape or form part of west african culture and neither is objectifying women

Lol truss.

Afghan chatting faff as per usual.

Tbh can't take lily serious. Considering daddy paved her way into the industry.

She not in the game based on talent

Nepotism at its finest

I like it

would do lily allen up the poo pipe

can tell she gets down like that

Think shes talking about men in general tbh . But you could say shes taking "shots" at hip hop culture . Also afgoon daggering and twerking is in no way shape or form part of west african culture and neither is objectifying women

Lol truss.

Afghan chatting faff as per usual.

Bragga Dat's Dagga Dat and RDX's Dagga Dagga were two of the earliest daggerin' songs. Later, Mr Vegas voiced Daggerin' on a mento rhythm last summer, perhaps, sparking the daggerin'/ Kumina comparisons. In the music video, Mr Vegas and his dancers are dressed in Kumina attire.

While admitting that much of the moves in dancehall are steeped in our African heritage, Professor Rex Nettleford, founding artistic director of the National Dance Theatre Company, pointed out that dancehall crosses a barrier that traditional dances don't.

"Most of the dances today are very much rooted in our African-derived dances (however) while you use the pelvis, it needs not be lewd," said the professor.

its all derived from west african culture

I retract objectifying women - i rephrase, the emphasis on di bum bum definately is an AFRICAN thing and the prevailing cultural trend amongst young black west african men in the internet age it has become extreme

do i need to go on facebook and find pages and shit about 'back offs' populated by young black men

the jamaicans and their island collaborators have corrupted it into that horrendous animalistic daggering antics which is revolting tbh

I get what message she's trying to put across, but I don't like the way she did it.

Plus, it's a shit tune.