Surnames

I am thinking of adding my mums maiden name to my surname.

So it will be double barrelled.

Always was closer to that side of my family anyway so it feels like the right thing to do.

Would anyone change their name?

Does anyone not have their fathers name for some reason?

Would any girls like to keep their maiden name after marriage?

Guys would it be a problem to you if she did?

• Downvote 4

My mums surname is dead food, the literall translation to english is alright tho.

My surname is basically my dads fathers first name cos that's how it used to beyou took your fathers first name as your surname.

On the british passports I have the same surname as my parents on there other passport we have 3 diff surnames.

Maaaad

I have my fathers surname, my wife will have my surname and so will all my kids, there's absolutely no discussion on the matter.

Didn't your ex missus change your existing kids name or something like that? Or threaten to?

My missus has my surname and in a few months so will my son

Mazal tov

I use my Surname as my name at work, as in what people call me/refer to me.

Feel quite strongly about my name, it gives me a unique identity as its not really a common name and its African 

My kids have a double barrelled surname at the moment just to make it easier if they travel etc but as soon as I marry my misus thats getting stripped off

I have my fathers surname, my wife will have my surname and so will all my kids, there's absolutely no discussion on the matter.

Didn't your ex missus change your existing kids name or something like that? Or threaten to?

My missus has my surname and in a few months so will my son

Yea threatened, its never gona happen.

since when do muslims do this?

All the time.