white women black hairstyles

Grafter

my favorite is the one with the grey hair

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2013/10/15/endia_beal_can_i_touch_it_explores_gender_race_and_generational_gaps_in.html

Beal said many of the women she took to the salon took pictures of their new hairstyle on their smartphones and posted pictures on Facebook. Almost all of them embraced Beal after the portraits were taken, saying they were excited to have experienced something new. “Some of them wanted to wear [their hairstyles] out, and some wanted to go home,” Beal said. “Many of them said, ‘I can’t wait to get home and show my husband!’

Christina.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpgAnn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpgCharlotte.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpgBeth.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Christine.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpgLynn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

interesting

/

if you were 'white' what hair style would you choose? and vice versa

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Beal specifically chose women who were at least in their 40s, but she tried mostly for baby boomers. “I wanted people that had a certain idea of what you’re supposed to look like in the workspace, because it would be a challenge for them to understand what I experienced in that space,” she said. “And to a degree, many young white women have shared that experience, but for older white women it’s an experience they haven’t necessarily had.