Did Michael Carrick f*ck someone at the FA's mother?

Fighting Weight

Yeah his legs have gone, not like Pirlo isn't immune to chasing around though, theres a reason why Milan got rid,

his contract expired, he didn't renew and they had to let him go, which they regretted

+1

Post July 2011

How many titles have

Milan and Juve have each?

You need to improve your comprehension skills.

/

A lot of you do, he was getting run ragged by other teams CM, so Milan though his legs were completely gone. He goes to Juve, who put workers around him, and he hits top form again. Never said it was a good decision by Milan, in fact you should have inferred that i was actually saying that it was Milans fault for not utilizing a player of his ability in the way they should have.

Gerrard can't dictate a game so it's useless

He can only play at one pace and hasn't got the legs anymore to go gung ho for ninety minutes

He can dictate games to a degree, against the big teams who have loads of technically gifted diminutive Cms like Arsenal maybe not, against the other 17 teams in the league he can, and he has.

I don't care for PL

I am talking about Knock out football

CL + Major International Tournaments

He can only play at one pace and hasn't got the legs anymore to go gung ho for ninety minutes

He can dictate games to a degree, against the big teams who have loads of technically gifted diminutive Cms like Arsenal maybe not, against the other 17 teams in the league he can, and he has.

way to win the world cup, eh? take the player who can only dictate games when not playing against technically gifted CMs

we'll be fine as long as we don't draw Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Belgium or Holland

• Upvote 2

Every game I watch Carrick in he's always looking for the forward pass from deep. He will make key passes, the pass before the assist, to outlets...the disrespect for his role is truly alarming

And what he lacks in mobility is made up for with his positional sense

But...

england still trying fit a bunch of painters into the side without having anyone to lay the foundations

• Upvote 4

Yeah his legs have gone, not like Pirlo isn't immune to chasing around though, theres a reason why Milan got rid,
his contract expired, he didn't renew and they had to let him go, which they regretted
+1

Post July 2011

How many titles have

Milan and Juve have each?

You need to improve your comprehension skills.

You need to improve your football knowledge

You keep doing this

It's like when you said David "sideman" Silva was on the same level as Xavi y Iniesta but doesn't get the credit because he does not play for Barca

The moral of this post

Don't let The PL gas you

I've watched Liverpool sufficiently enough to have an informed opinion on their playing philosophy, their game strategy, their key personnel, strengths, weaknesses, etc. So if you're going to debate with me, don't make some half-arsed assumption on what you think I do or don't.

Anyway, back to your point.

Yes, you are right, stats are only a part of the discussion. You can use stats because they are relevant, but what is even more important is context. So let's apply some...

Is it possible Gerrard has more key passes because he attempts more? Does that necessarily make him more creative? I'm not sure.

I'd argue teams set up more deeply & more compact against Arsenal than they do Liverpool.

I'd also argue that Ramsey (at least this season) has tended to be on the end of phases of play much more than Gerrard who for tactical & physical reasons can't do the same.

Not to mention that whilst I do consider Liverpool a team trying to implement a more possession-based style, they still don't move the ball around as much as Arsenal do & that obviously has a knock-down effect on the choice of pass for the players on the field.

I bought it up briefly in an Arsenal thread when Özil signed for us. Someone tried to argue that Özil was a more creative player than Iniesta because of his higher assist count however, they never took into account the playing styles of Barcelona/Madrid, the personnel they were playing with, etc.

For example, it's easier to rack up key passes when your team-mates run beyond the defensive line & your team play a slightly more direct style of play rather than having team-mates come towards the ball & the attacking build-up of your team is more patient, more precise, etc.

• Upvote 3

way to win the world cup, eh? take the player who can only dictate games when not playing against technically gifted CMs

we'll be fine as long as we don't draw Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Belgium or Holland

True..

What has he done compared to lamps and becks for England during the same period

• Downvote 1

I've watched Liverpool sufficiently enough to have an informed opinion on their playing philosophy, their game strategy, their key personnel, strengths, weaknesses, etc. So if you're going to debate with me, don't make some half-arsed assumption on what you think I do or don't.

Yes, you are right, stats are only a part of the discussion. You can use stats because they are relevant, but what is even more important is context. So let's apply some...

Is it possible Gerrard has more key passes because he attempts more? Does that necessarily make him more creative? I'm not sure.

I'd argue teams set up more deeply & more compact against Arsenal than they do Liverpool.

I'd also argue that Ramsey (at least this season) has tended to be on the end of phases of play much more than Gerrard who for tactical & physical reasons can't do the same.

Not to mention that whilst I do consider Liverpool a team trying to implement a more possession-based style, they still don't move the ball around as much as Arsenal do & that obviously has a knock-down effect on the choice of pass for the players on the field.

I bought it up briefly in an Arsenal thread when Özil signed for us. Someone tried to argue that Özil was a more creative player than Iniesta because of his higher assist count however, they never took into account the playing styles of Barcelona/Madrid, the personnel they were playing with, etc.

For example, it's easier to rack up key passes when your team-mates run beyond the defensive line & your team play a slightly more direct style of play rather than having team-mates come towards the ball & the attacking build-up of your team is more patient, more precise, etc.

Good post, we have been playing far more direct, so you're right in saying that could be part of the reason why Gerrard plays so many key passes, one thing he is allowed in our team is freedom, moreso than any other player apart from Suarez. At the same time last season when he had the 3rd most key passes in the league, he was still averaging 66.7 passes a game, only Yaya, Carrick and Arteta had more. Liverpool were only behind City and Arsenal in the amount of possession each team has per game, so even when were trying to play a more possession based brand of football he was still vastly creative.

pos that is spot on. I know its premature but Ramsey is playing like Gerrard would have if Rafa had got his hands on him early on his in his career. He has WAY more understanding of the game and tactical nous. Right now if Ramsey continues this he will be a more complete and better CM then Gerrard,Lampard and arguably Scholes. Better work rate, better understanding of when to bomb forward or to sit,dictates the tempo quicker and he is scoring just as much as those I have mentioned. This is based on what I have seen so far obviously Ramsey has way to go before he can be talked about in the way those 3 club legends have been talked about in the past  

we have gone direct this season more often then not. Some of our players aren't that comfortable in the possession based system 

Stevie is disrespected a lot on here tho. Last season he was excellent and this season despite him getting older he has dominated many teams at Anfield. He has and always will struggle in games against Arsenal,especially when he faces players that make runs from midfield. It was painful to watch him at the Emirates a few weeks ago. I'm interested in how he will fit in our team once we sign a direct competition to his position because right now Henderson,Allen,Luis Alberto aren't dislodging him from the team.