Free the realness

Pro

The response from the guy at Google is interesting, I get the feeling that most of the techy people behind these social media brands aren't necessarily the most sociable which is reflected in their vision of being connected primarily through the net where you can create a representation of yourself.

The thinking behind a lot of it is what gets me though, the amount of times I used to see a new feature on facebook and think 'what is zuckerberg actually trying to do here'. When the view friendship feature dropped was definitely one of them moments.

Guest Chelsea Jack

i've never seen the point in instagram tbh

It's for egotistical/nosey people 

Why the fuck should I care if someone has bought a new car, clothes, gone on holiday, etc ? It literally has no relevance to me or my life

And if i personally do any of the aforementioned it is for me and me only, I'm not doing it for ratings off anybody. As soon as you stop giving a fuck about whether people rate you or not, then you can truly do your own thing and live life.

However, this type of behaviour has always existed in certain types of people. The phrase 'Keeping up with the Jones's' springs to mind, where neighbours would desperately try to compete with each other materialistically.

That is essentially what we have here, but the internet has given these types a greater platform. Instead of just competing with say people on their street, individuals are now competing with everyone they know - sometimes even strangers -, via the internet.

Sadly this is just the start of online stunting and it will continue for as long as the internet does, which is probably eternity. Get used to it, because it is going NOWHERE  

• Upvote 6

Guest Chelsea Jack

The response from the guy at Google is interesting, I get the feeling that most of the techy people behind these social media brands aren't necessarily the most sociable which is reflected in their vision of being connected primarily through the net where you can create a representation of yourself.

The thinking behind a lot of it is what gets me though, the amount of times I used to see a new feature on facebook and think 'what is zuckerberg actually trying to do here'. When the view friendship feature dropped was definitely one of them moments.

BRUV FB ARE FUCKED

Had this account around 2+ years and they keep begging me to update all my school info etc. It's just fb trying to gather more information on people and sadly most are too thick to realise what Zuckerberg and co are doing.

• Downvote 1

at first i signed up to instagram coz my boy said there are some sexy girls on there

so obviously i signed up... with the 2nd notion to add people i already know

then gradually u pass randomers and u gets to adding but i dont add famous people... i prob have about 3 famous people on my instagram and thats coz i fantasies about banging them 

but every1 else is just who i know or who im tryna move to

/

but yes everyone uploading jordans and clothes and flight tickets and rolex watches and jewellery 

its like ffs come on man vicariously stunting... 

there was 1 girl who uploaded a tom ford bag... i really felt to write... 'did you know who he was before jay z's song...?' but wasnt man enough

Indeed, and being a techy guy myself I can see the appeal in the technological beneift, however the ethical implications are much more serious

Guest Chelsea Jack

at first i signed up to instagram coz my boy said there are some sexy girls on there

so obviously i signed up... with the 2nd notion to add people i already know

then gradually u pass randomers and u gets to adding but i dont add famous people... i prob have about 3 famous people on my instagram and thats coz i fantasies about banging them 

but every1 else is just who i know or who im tryna move to

/

but yes everyone uploading jordans and clothes and flight tickets and rolex watches and jewellery 

its like ffs come on man vicariously stunting... 

there was 1 girl who uploaded a tom ford bag... i really felt to write... 'did you know who he was before jay z's song...?' but wasnt man enough

:rofl:

That is true about Instagram in general, at first it was banging, easy p*ssy, good banter, then the cunts came, just like they did with house raves, smoking weed, and everything else they have ruined

Now it just depends on who you follow

Used to allow myself to get drawn into arguements with girls the IQ of Malika posting up them stupid female guru quotes, and get replied to by 5/6 Kanu beanies

Now if somebody posts something dumb I just block them or if they have 1000s or followers just block them, because more than likely they are going to post bullshit

Dont post family/finances/work etc on there,

More time it is just another platform for me and my circle to banter on, photoshops, anti female pics, football banter etc and to try find the rare undiscovered gem who hasnt been ruined by social media yet

The worst is when a girl will post a half naked picture with some long message totally unrelated underneath, in comes,

boss_sho: so deep 

her: thanks

boss_sho: you alright though?

boss_sho: you on whatsapp

her friend: ahhh tell them babes!!

her: trust me 

See this so many times, these fatherless sperms trying to suck up and them getting ignored once they have served there purpose (complimenting her)

These type of species I just cannot stand, if I ever saw any of my friends doing that :/

• Upvote 5

Bane post remind me of 1 don I knew, was seeing this girl, she would come link him at his work 2/3 days during the week, were getting tight.

Then out of the blue she start acting offish, said her aunt has mental problems and she has to look after her, has no time for a relationship right now.

The don was posting shit on fb like "Sometimes I don't even see the point anymore"

Next dons replying like "yo, you kool bro?"

Anyway he told me the next week her status went from "single" to "in a relationship" lol

The net has defintely let girls violate in new ways.