FAO: DJ's.

Seth Rollins

wanna shot my cdj's and cop a controller, 

CDS are long and pointless these days

• Upvote 1

that looks nuts

I use Traktor A6, my boy has Serato Scratch.

Same thing; vinyl emulation just depends on what interface you prefer. I use it cos it means I can switch between actual vinyl records or MP3, best of both.

Most places should have both if you're mixing out, but the americans seem to love Serato.

More pricey than the Traktor.

Vinyl is the best for total control. I go by the turntablist for the actual talent of mixing/djing, especially with controllers that go . 

/

Serato DJ will replace Scratch live, it is for everything (Vinyl/CDJs/Controllers/etc etc). 

Serato & Tracktor have done well in improving their technologies.

usb with cdj2000s 

failing that serato 

This and Rekordbox to organise is all you need tbh. Current generation of CDJs all use it as well so its doesnt need to be 2000s, 850s/900s/350s all use the tech and its just way too convenient.

(Obviously if said club only has CDJ1000s then Serato will get brought, but long for fiddling with wires and taking computers to raves in 2014 and beyond)

Unless the venue has a serato box already wired up it can be a pain in thr arse trying to get it all set up while the other dj plays the last song, and then if there are problems with syncing, long.

Atleast with cds u know its gonna be simple.

2000s with the ethernet cable link though>>>>

Whats the cheapest serato / tracktor soundcard i can cop for my cdj's?

OI nah that filter fade is cheating...

/

I've got a Novation twitch for house parties and stuff, might need to switch for that DDJ-SB when its out, only 2 bills as well...

DDJ-SX is a certified beast though, was running a back to the oldschool night at Thorpe park and two of the oldschool DJs showed up with 2 of them, lined them up next to each other and went ham B2B on 8 channels, was mad to watch.

fuck it gonna sell the pioneers and cop the SB, whens the release date

/

where can i get them speaker stands that are in that video?

aint albeton more a live performance tool rather than too mix? like mad cue points.

I just want something to bang sets together of tunes i like, without the longness of burning cds, printing tracklists, ect ect

that pioneer will do the job nicley.

You can use it to make a set. You make ableton auto sync the tunes and you can set the fading points and effects all on screen and then save it as an Ableton set, then save it as an mp3. Yes, itcan be used as a live software too and some software can run with serato if you have cdjs or vinyl decks to record mix tapes, but it works better with mixers with a SL2/3/4 built in as the cross fader and other faders are linked directly to Ableton (similar to making a set on Ableton but using Serato and mixing normally).

see that ddj-sx does it makes beat matching non exsistant? or was I hearing wrong? because that is an essential part of dj'ing saying that 99.9% of grime beats are always 140, 138, 142 or 143 BPM so beat matching effectively becomes doing maths with the pitch 

looks like a nifty piece of kit, love using cdj's now, hated it at first loved my vinyl. But now seeing guys with their mac books at radio and dances as the standard thing.  

see that ddj-sx does it makes beat matching non exsistant? or was I hearing wrong? because that is an essential part of dj'ing saying that 99.9% of grime beats are always 140, 138, 142 or 143 BPM so beat matching effectively becomes doing maths with the pitch 

looks like a nifty piece of kit, love using cdj's now, hated it at first loved my vinyl. But now seeing guys with their mac books at radio and dances as the standard thing.  

if you choose to use it. obviously you dont have to use the sync features