FAO: DJ's.

Seth Rollins

i personally don't believe laptops belong on stage or in dj booths

i despise seeing a dj fixated on his laptop like a f*ckin zombie

CDJs + USB is the way now

i have Serato, never used it that much, couple old folks parties etc., when i did the laptop was merely a record box, plus i can't stand that constant f*cking whirring from the timecoded vinyl, horrible

imo serato is for home use only, testing mixes, building sets and perfecting your selection, bar that, radio at a stretch

vinyl DJs will come back for real tho very soon and will be there to clear up, me included

mark my words we are in the era of the have-a-go-dj and this era will end as promoters wise up in the next few years

• Downvote 1

i personally don't believe laptops belong on stage or in dj booths

i despise seeing a dj fixated on his laptop like a f*ckin zombie

CDJs + USB is the way now

i have Serato, never used it that much, couple old folks parties etc., when i did the laptop was merely a record box, plus i can't stand that constant f*cking whirring from the timecoded vinyl, horrible

imo serato is for home use only, testing mixes, building sets and perfecting your selection, bar that, radio at a stretch

vinyl DJs will come back for real tho very soon and will be there to clear up, me included

mark my words we are in the era of the have-a-go-dj and this era will end as promoters wise up in the next few years

You're chatting rubbish mate.

Serato/Tracktor is the best invention for technical talented DJs.

Example A: DJ Craze performing using Tracktor

Example B: A-Trak performing using Tracktor

• Downvote 1

sometimes a vinyl-only set is a good thing 'cause you know what music you're getting (or what music you're not)

and yeah its nice to be able to be free of newer technology because it makes you more flexible

really what I think its done is shifted the talent to where it should be: selection and creativity, which is why the top DJs haven't really been phased out by technology

you don't get what i just said

i respect the tech

i just don't respect laptops on stage, end of

they have no place

lol at man trying to show me Craze

fam i was a turntablist back in 99

So was I bro. We in the same boat, but you gotta move with the times. Vinyl era is over, unless you're a dubstep DJ.

Controllers are the way forward.

this just makes you sound out of touch really, and the fact that you included yourself in your argument just makes you sound upset that the times have changed and that you can't keep up with them

and while you may think this is the 'have-a-go dj' era, in reality it is the era where music producers have to be DJs to get decent returns for their music, so you get less-experienced DJs getting booked as headliners - which isn't something that will be phased out, not unless piracy gets solved

Couldnt care less what next mans definition of DJ is, fact is when your playing tunes to bag of ravers they couldnt give a fuck what youre playing it off... so obviously  go for the most reliable stable and convenient option... all them technical DJs can be technical whatever format theyre using, but really no one wants to hear a turntablist in a rave.

i respect the tech

they have no place

So was I bro. We in the same boat, but you gotta move with the times. Vinyl era is over, unless you're a dubstep DJ.

Not really. Simple DJs will rock the controller tbh, where I see no skill involved whatsoever. 

I see Kerri Chandler rocking only vinyl, does he mix dubstep???........

End of the day, a club or bar should have provision for all technology, that is true investment.

this just makes you sound out of touch really, and the fact that you included yourself in your argument just makes you sound upset that the times have changed and that you can't keep up with them

and while you may think this is the 'have-a-go dj' era, in reality it is the era where music producers have to be DJs to get decent returns for their music, so you get less-experienced DJs getting booked as headliners - which isn't something that will be phased out, not unless piracy gets solved

mate are reading what i'm writing here

i said cdjs are cool, just not laptops

lol at your desperate attempt to paint me as some vinyl purist, i back cdjs as i have stated

i am merely predicting a vinyl resurgence in the future because tbh there are just way too many amazing tunes on vinyl that are not available digitally and never will be

sooner or later there will be a demand again for them, and i will be more than happy to cart a record box around once again and show off my collection

producer/dj in 2014? - cdjs, home vinyl collection ripped, one-away dubplates and edits in the stash as well

about move with the times

idiot

vinyl IS over, for now

which is why i think its a cdj ting

that IS moving with the times

but allows DJs to interact with the crowd and not like like some c*nt at dinner who cant leave his smartphone alone

laptop sets are souless

Your chatting rubbish. 

I think your opinions are dead in the thread now.

TBH, there are controllers the size of a mobile phone where you don't need a laptop and are wireless to the amp. I think that's sh*t and boring tbh, but that is me, but superstar djs or producers will use it.

End of the day, it is what excites you more. Vinyl + Serato excite me. I have two midi controllers that I attach to my laptop with my serato with my decks so I can manipulate tracks better and execute que points. It's made it more fun tbh. 

i respect the tech

they have no place

Not really. Simple DJs will rock the controller tbh, where I see no skill involved whatsoever. 

End of the day, a club or bar should have provision for all technology, that is true investment.

Depends why you want to DJ and where you're playing.

I'm on radio, in my house, and in the club. I've been there and done all the vinyls and hype and clashing/cutting/mixing/scratching. Now I want the latest technology and the simplest easiest way.

/

Clubs and bars will NEVER invest further than Pioneer MK3 1000s. CLubs aren't even making money. Hell, PROMOTERS aren't making money. You want better, you need to have the equipment yourself.

Couldnt care less what next mans definition of DJ is, fact is when your playing tunes to bag of ravers they couldnt give a f*ck what youre playing it off... so obviously  go for the most reliable stable and convenient option... all them technical DJs can be technical whatever format theyre using, but really no one wants to hear a turntablist in a rave.

Yeah, that's why Jazzy Jeff/ A-Trak/ Craze/ etc etc get lots and lots of bookings and get rated when people rave to them smh.

Even EZ ffs, yeah, he uses CDJs but people recognise EZ DJing probably more than any other garage DJ because he does different things.

i respect the tech

they have no place

Depends why you want to DJ and where you're playing.

I'm on radio, in my house, and in the club. I've been there and done all the vinyls and hype and clashing/cutting/mixing/scratching. Now I want the latest technology and the simplest easiest way.

/

Clubs and bars will NEVER invest further than Pioneer MK3 1000s. CLubs aren't even making money. Hell, PROMOTERS aren't making money. You want better, you need to have the equipment yourself.

TBH, that is kinda boring. Might as well just bring in a CD, put it on a bog standard cd player, press play and walk away. If you don't want to push yourself then it is pointless, you become................Disco Dave.......

vinyl IS over, for now

which is why i think its a cdj ting

that IS moving with the times

but allows DJs to interact with the crowd and not like like some c*nt at dinner who cant leave his smartphone alone

laptop sets are souless

Your chatting rubbish. 

I think your opinions are dead in the thread now.

haha

you are moist

i stated an opinion that attacked your vibe and now you are hurt

diddums

Couldnt care less what next mans definition of DJ is, fact is when your playing tunes to bag of ravers they couldnt give a f*ck what youre playing it off... so obviously  go for the most reliable stable and convenient option... all them technical DJs can be technical whatever format theyre using, but really no one wants to hear a turntablist in a rave.

Yeah, that's why Jazzy Jeff/ A-Trak/ Craze/ etc etc get lots and lots of bookings and get rated when people rave to them smh.

Even EZ ffs, yeah, he uses CDJs but people recognise EZ DJing probably more than any other garage DJ because he does different things.

Theres a difference between a turntablist and a technical DJ. All those guys get booked because theyre very well known as good DJs with good selections and have been for years, throughout the advancement of technology. So again they will always be technical on whatever format they're using. EZ is known as a performer but he keeps the crowd moving, which is why he is rated so highly. If any new jack showed up and tried to do what he does in rave he will most likely get plainfaced until the sun comes up.

We're in agreement in re: to the technical side Luv Doc, I don't need to do anything other than play tunes now and get paid. Biggest part of being a DJ is the ability to select (and I don't mean the bait crowd favourites), and mix.

Right now I'm on CDJ's (which I hate) and CDs. Still mix, scratch, chop, drop. Now I just wanna move with the times and limit time wasting i.e downloading tunes and burning them onto CD.

In 2014? NAH MATE.