FAO: DJ's.

Seth Rollins

Couldnt care less what next mans definition of DJ is, fact is when your playing tunes to bag of ravers they couldnt give a f*ck what youre playing it off... so obviously  go for the most reliable stable and convenient option... all them technical DJs can be technical whatever format theyre using, but really no one wants to hear a turntablist in a rave.

Yeah, that's why Jazzy Jeff/ A-Trak/ Craze/ etc etc get lots and lots of bookings and get rated when people rave to them smh.

Even EZ ffs, yeah, he uses CDJs but people recognise EZ DJing probably more than any other garage DJ because he does different things.

Theres a difference between a turntablist and a technical DJ. All those guys get booked because theyre very well known as good DJs with good selections and have been for years, throughout the advancement of technology. So again they will always be technical on whatever format they're using. EZ is known as a performer but he keeps the crowd moving, which is why he is rated so highly. If any new jack showed up and tried to do what he does in rave he will most likely get plainfaced until the sun comes up.

Exactly.

/

You think some new don can come out, hit sync, press play and get the same reaction EZ does? These new dons on decks don't even need to earn stripes anyway from Jaegerbombs are £1.50 and 90% of the club is smashed out their heads on a lipsing ting.

Keep it simple and enjoy the new advances in technology making life EASIER for you.

That is why every dj will play the same songs, in the same sequence, every night. Because they just select and have no thought process in creativity. 

but djs have been doing that since time begun, from vinyl to cds to controllers it doesnt make one bit of difference what they use.

The creativity and selection will seperate the men from the boys.

If ez started using a controller are you telling his sets would not take another step up to a even madder level?

look how the guy has fucking rinsed the cue button ffs, and the reaction that gets.

Can't agree with Lionel tbh

I've djayed out using just about ever format USB, serato, CDs, vinyl etc.

Everything is moving digital whether you like it or not. Yes everyone can be a dj now if you know how to read a bpm counter and have timing.

I'm into all that turntablist shit but ain't no one got technics in the rave to play no more. Learning that shit has made my sets better with scratching, beat juggling and little small things here and there. I use serato when playing out.

If your just going to play anything with a steady tempo (house, funky etc) get a controller or Cdjs with USB ports. If your going to play hip-hop, rnb etc get serato or traktor. If your just lookin to play at home then i'd suggest a controller either way.

What's your logic behind 'house/etc' using CDJs w/USB while 'hiphop/rnb' using Serato/Traktor?

Serato/traktor allows you to cross genres/bpms much easier be more creative plus find tracks much faster than using USBs with say rekordbox. When playing hip hop rnb out in a club the longest you wanna hear a track play is the first verse and chorus after than that track generally dies out.

With house your literally playing 4-5min tracks, I don't see the need in needing serato or tracker. But each to their own

• Upvote 1

What's your logic behind 'house/etc' using CDJs w/USB while 'hiphop/rnb' using Serato/Traktor?

Serato/traktor allows you to cross genres/bpms much easier be more creative plus find tracks much faster than using USBs with say rekordbox. When playing hip hop rnb out in a club the longest you wanna hear a track play is the first verse and chorus after than that track generally dies out.

With house your literally playing 4-5min tracks, I don't see the need in needing serato or tracker. But each to their own

not a fan of these kind of djs

lop off the third verse maybe

That is why every dj will play the same songs, in the same sequence, every night. Because they just select and have no thought process in creativity. 

So Goliath, you also agree that you might as well just provide a pre recording and walk off and just dance.

In 90% of clubs where you know it's the normal Disco Dave DJ, and cheap drinks and tarts, yes.

When you hear me or any of my dons mix, no.

not a fan of these kind of djs

lop off the third verse maybe

Fucking hate it at Livin Proof or Work it when your lucky to even hear a verse. 

• Upvote 1

So Goliath, you also agree that you might as well just provide a pre recording and walk off and just dance.

In 90% of clubs where you know it's the normal Disco Dave DJ, and cheap drinks and tarts, yes.

When you hear me or any of my dons mix, no.

Nah blood. Nearly all DJs are Disco Dave now.

Surely just get a few 64 gb USB drives?

Run the tracks through rekordbox if you really want them all organised for viewing on the pioneers ??

f*ck taking laptops and f*cking box and bare wires to the club

I can't really get down with the laptop DJ thing, especially if I am just hearing two tracks I already know fade into each other

Fair if you're going to do live edits on the fly, and actually interact with the crowd.

But otherwise, well.. nah

Was in a club last friday and saw some guy not even put headphones on once

d*ckhead aint even listening to the music.

EDIT

Saying that, I am only really referring to dance music where a constant flow of music is desired

If you're playing the whole night and crossing genres, different thing

Do people really care whether the DJ has sync'd by ear instead of it doing it automatically or by tempo tap?

Only this new wave of "trainspotter" type new wave raver who care more about what the dj is playin off that actually enjoying themselve.

The amount of raves that Ive been to or played at that have had no vibe cos its just a bunch of hipsters standing around debating what tempo the dj should be playin certain tunes at.

The whole scene is f*cked...

Its even got to the point where promoters are advertising what type of speakers are at the rave (especially if its funktion 1)

More time I just wanna bubble and vibe with a few gyal. Who gives a f*ck if the dj is using vinyl or laptop ffs. If the music/mixing is on point i could care less

• Upvote 1

at least it saves them from clanging :lol: ...well i hope anyway

i've noticed a lot of laptop djs (that aren't using syncing), their mixes sound off, like their perfectly out if that makes sense

it's all in time per se but the beats aren't grooving together

with so much garage (for instance) you gotta get both tracks in the pocket together and only your ears will help you with that one

plus i can hear the mix going out before they clock it on the laptop screen with the soundwaves

all these new tools a turning the act into more of a sequencing job

• Upvote 1