This new Landlord licensing fee

Afroman

Anyone come accross this

So I got a letter through the post this morning to complete  a survey engineered by my local council to introduce a new licensing fee for landlords. 

Now, I heard about them introducing it to newham council during the olympics. But the hype kind of died down. Because many were against it

I am not really looking to fill this survey because I already know the outcome. This is the same bullshit survey they introduced to the private parking in my neighbourhood. Majority disagreed with it and they still went on an did their dirt. Now thats been creeping up year after year since introduced. They actually charge you per car emission which is another sort of road tax. But thats another debate

These man are saying 5 bills for 5 years year but eventually its going to creep up in price because thats just the british way. 

For me renting out a property is a owners right and shouldn't involve any governing body imo. All in the name of owning some dusty ass paper.

Eventually they will get the tax man involved. Landlords would have to hike up their fee and all. Their will be no winners in this...

Sounds ridiculous.

I imagine the issue is these councils have no ways of raising funding from central government so they introduce new ways of squeezing locals.

When you speak to people who work within the government who actually care about things (or even some who don't, or just those in the know) you learn that there's a real problem with inefficiency and greed.

It's basically to protect people renting from rogue landlords.

The rights of a renter in the UK are almost non existent and this is one way of building a profile and rating system for landlords to allow people to make a more informed choice before putting yourself at risk.

All sounds rosy and what not. but lol @ thinking this government gives a flying fuck about those renting private 

I do agree that some landlords out there take the piss. But I cant see any major appeal of this other than profit. 

These councils can't even regulate a fair pointing system for their own housing. so how can they conduct one for private Landlords?

yeah i heard about this a while a go its ''supposedly'' meant to deter slum and rogue landlords.

there was a local politics program on up here about it.apparantly local councils are getting sick of clearing up the crap rogue landLORds leave in their wake..

ranging from tenants seeking council prperties and emergency housing due to dangerous properties and situations with landlords behaving improper to tenants to just general waste clearing .councillors were saying the 500 plus would foot the bill they have to pick up

but like one guy said not all landlords are badf so theyd have a few court cases on their hands trying to rush it through

yeah i heard about this a while a go its ''supposedly'' meant to deter slum and rogue landlords.

there was a local politics program on up here about it.apparantly local councils are getting sick of clearing up the crap rogue landLORds leave in their wake..

ranging from tenants seeking council prperties and emergency housing due to dangerous properties and situations with landlords behaving improper to tenants to just general waste clearing .councillors were saying the 500 plus would foot the bill they have to pick up

but like one guy said not all landlords are badf so theyd have a few court cases on their hands trying to rush it through

They are just trying to demonise landlords.

And landlords do the council a favour housing DSS tenants..

Rents getting bumped if this goes ahead.

I do hear their views.But I know for a fact that this won't be regulated well and the the only winner in this is the local council generating revenue.

They are just trying to demonise landlords.

And landlords do the council a favour housing DSS tenants..

Rents getting bumped if this goes ahead.

I do hear their views.But I know for a fact that this won't be regulated well and the the only winner in this is the local council generating revenue.

yes your right where does it end..what happens when greedy council leaders need to make up a defecit theyl just raise the charge...and how does this charge even change the mentality of a dodgy landlord  .like you said theyl just pass on their costs to tentants,which means more lo income families knocking on council doors,its just a silly way for councils to make revenue ,,the admin cost alone would cost an arm and a leg ,

ending in council tax being raised once more

its a right crooked scheme,too many flaws but its like you said earlier if they already wasting money sending out surveys it means theyre already most definitely going ahead with the  charade 

b