Players that are holding teams back from progressing?

kerser

We were 2nd with Gerrard in the team......

I get it, it's coming from a Man United fan so you feel you have to come out fighting to defend your club legend. But let's not act like Liverpool wouldn't be in a better position with a more mobile midfielder like Vidal or Gundagon.

We were 2nd with Gerrard in the team......

I get it, it's coming from a Man United fan so you feel you have to come out fighting to defend your club legend. But let's not act like Liverpool wouldn't be in a better position with a more mobile midfielder like Vidal or Gundagon.

:/ 

What a silly comment to make. That's like me saying we would be in better position if we had Messi

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No its not you c*nt.

Although he has adapted his game as the years have gone by Gerrard in 2013 is past his prime. There's a long list of young and more mobile midfielders that could improve Liverpool's overall performance in open play like the 2 players I just mentioned.

Olivier-Giroud-after-miss-008.jpg

honestly 

never seen such a limited first choice striker under arsene wenger.

theyve all either had athleticism and/or skill in abundance

this guy has neither.

He has skill, a beautiful touch, just doesn't have the hunger and athleticism needed to be a real top class striker, but as a footballer you won't find many strikers whoa are better, honestly.

honestly 

never seen such a limited first choice striker under arsene wenger.

theyve all either had athleticism and/or skill in abundance

this guy has neither.

He has skill, a beautiful touch, just doesn't have the hunger and athleticism needed to be a real top class striker, but as a footballer you won't find many strikers whoa are better, honestly.

when i say skill i mean what rvp has. what bergkamp had. those levels. 

OK but untill said players are at Liverpool with Gerrard playing ahead of them you can't say he's holding them back

And that brings me to my next point. Would some of those said players join Liverpool in the first place knowing that they won't be guaranteed a first team spot because they're up against the club captain/legend who because of that may stay in the starting 11 for another 3-5 years until he retires?

For example what if Rodgers wanted a CM in January who is in his prime but that player told him his national coach said he's not taking bench warmers to Brazil?

Can Rodgers take the risk of disrupting the squad harmony and upsetting the majority of his fan base by the dropping the club legend/captain even if it's for the best?

Now you've got a situation where the scouting reports could be filled with CMs who have potential and don't mind hanging around for a few years as squad players rather than CMs in their prime who could go straight into the first team and help Liverpool progress now.

OK but untill said players are at Liverpool with Gerrard playing ahead of them you can't say he's holding them back

And that brings me to my next point. Would some of those said players join Liverpool in the first place knowing that they won't be guaranteed a first team spot because they're up against the club captain/legend who because of that may stay in the starting 11 for another 3-5 years until he retires?

For example what if Rodgers wanted a CM in January who is in his prime but that player told him his national coach said he's not taking bench warmers to Brazil?

Can Rodgers take the risk of disrupting the squad harmony and upsetting the majority of his fan base by the dropping the club legend/captain even if it's for the best?

Now you've got a situation where the scouting reports could be filled with CMs who have potential and don't mind hanging around for a few years as squad players rather than CMs in their prime who could go straight into the first team and help Liverpool progress now.

Gerrard won't be here for another 3-5 years.

I think if we win the league in the next two years he will retire.

We may get a DM in January, but i think a forward will be a more pressing concern for Rogers, we already have a decent amount of Cms given when Sturridge comes back in some games we may only play two in the middle.